Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only for sale because we are moving from the UK to Germany and this car is a right hand drive.

The car is now available through our local dealer and we have reduced the price to £4,250. So please check this out here with more photos: 2000 Honda Insight hybrid | EJ Jarvis

Originally imported to the UK in 2008, we bought it in 2010, only one UK owner before us.
Some history passed on from that owner, full history since it has been with us.

~115000 miles. No issues with the engine or gearbox. The clutch might have been more smooth when the vehicle was new. The tyres are ok but could be replaced at some point.

The large hybrid battery was replaced (by a Honda garage) at the end of 2017.
So it is now less than 4 years old and the previous battery had lasted 17 years. We have driven the car regularly, so this has jogged the battery and kept it in shape.
There is an original Japanese radio, CD and satnav. However, this is generally not very useful in the UK due to the different radio bandwidth and also the front cover does not operate properly. So, for music enthusiasts, we recommend fitting a new system. However, this is the original system and was kept for that reason.

Bodywork: Good condition for its age, minor blemishes in the paintwork. Some plastic parts on the car have been resprayed recently as they had faded over the years.
Interior: There are no stains on the carpet or the seat coverings and only very minor wear on the floor mats thanks to rubber protection mats.
The "boot-liner in the hole" under the flap in the back has a stain that should come out with a very thorough de-greasing wash.
Comes with a folder full of history, service records, invoices, MOTs, including three original Japanese Books that came with the car.

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
I love that color! I wonder why Honda did not bring it to the US.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love that color! I wonder why Honda did not bring it to the US.
Thank you. Yes - the colour is great and it matches the light blue/grey seats very well too. This is a Japanese re-import. So, I am not sure where this colour was on offer....

·
Registered
2002 Insight 5MT A/C
28 Posts
Where did those floor mats come from? I could use some.

Lovely car, GLWS.

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
I've seen another picture of those mats in a thread where Peter was cleaning his. I think they had different floor mats in the UK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Sadly, we are selling our beloved Honda Insight MkI after driving it for 11 years due to moving abroad.

This is for a Honday Insight MkI with CVT transmission in very good condition. Great colour!
  • Asking price: NEW !!! £ 4,250.00
  • 1st registration: February 2000
  • Light blue metallic with matching seats LOVELY colour and seats.
  • CVT transmission without issues. Clutch has been more smooth when new.
  • Mileage: 115,000 regular driving, often longer distances.
  • Located in Southampton.
  • High voltage battery was replaced in 10/2017 (it lasted 17 years) - no issues now.
  • No engine or IMA codes since battery was replaced in 10/2017.
  • New 12V battery in 2021.
  • Interior condition very good for its age. Original footmats with Insight Logo.
  • Exterior condition very good for its age. Wheels have just been renovated (sand blasted and powder coated). They look like new now. Some black parts including spoiler have just been resprayed - they look like new. The paintwork is good for its age. No dents. No major scratches. (The photos were taken before the reconditioning of wheels and black trim).
  • MOT 11/2021.
  • Tyres: new in 10/2017 - they could do with being replaced before the winter hits but they are fine.
  • This vehicle was imported.
  • Original Japanese Radio/CD - the gear that opens the front flap is damaged. It is not very useful as is but it is the original and looks interesting ;)
For more information and more photos see here: 2000 Honda Insight hybrid | EJ Jarvis or checkout the older autotrader advert: 2000 Blue Honda Insight for sale for £4800 (autotrader.co.uk) The price has been reduced to £4,250.00.

Happy to receive any questions or comments. Happy to take more photos as required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts