Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 insight

Hi, all I need some help with two things! So some douche bag broke my rear passenger vent window ( the super small one that's left & on the right side passenger windows) and I'm broke and want to replace it myself. I can buy the window for like 60$ I just need help finding a guide that shows me how to do this! :D

Next is a thing a lot of people have been looking for and its the turn signal relay! I had led's put in and it hyper-flashes and I don't want to use resistors. Anyone had luck finding this stupid thing? it sounds like it's up behind the speedometer but haven't seen it to confirm.

once again any help = 100 thank you's from me !!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
The flasher is on the left side of the car under the dash. It's plugged into the fuse/relay box. Replacing the flasher is not easy. First, I had to take the seat out, because it was just too uncomfortable to work under dash with the seat in the way. Then the old flasher refused to come out. There's some kind of catch that i couldn't get to release. I ended up crushing the old flasher with a pair of pliers and pulling it out bit by bit. Then the new LED compatible flasher was slightly larger and would not fit in the socket. The 3 prongs on the flashers are the same size and orientation as an H4 headlight socket. So I bought this short H4 extension and plugged that into the flasher socket and the new flasher in the other end. Then I wire-tied it in place.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162266427387

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see I checked the left side fuse box already are you sure? I unplugged all the big relays with my hazards on but non of them turned them off. You know a old thread or something that has pictures ?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I can’t tell from a lower case ca if you are in Canada or California, but most major cities have an auto glass ghetto so to speak where there are a bunch of places in a seedy part of town where you could probably get the glass installed cheaper than $60. In LA that is on Mission between the 5 & the 101. Just search Google maps for auto glass & see if there are a bunch sort of in the same neighborhood.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I see I checked the left side fuse box already are you sure? I unplugged all the big relays with my hazards on but non of them turned them off. You know a old thread or something that has pictures ?
Oops. No, I'm not sure. I was talking about a G1 Insight. But when I Googled it, most Hondas seemed to have the flashers on drivers side under the dash. Try this: Turn on your emergency flashers and get your head on the floor looking up under the dash. The sound of the clicking will give you a clue where to look. If you put your finger against the relay you'll probably be able to feel it as it clicks.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
If I did that I would have to call "Dicks Towing" with a crane to get out and up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops. No, I'm not sure. I was talking about a G1 Insight. But when I Googled it, most Hondas seemed to have the flashers on drivers side under the dash. Try this: Turn on your emergency flashers and get your head on the floor looking up under the dash. The sound of the clicking will give you a clue where to look. If you put your finger against the relay you'll probably be able to feel it as it clicks.

Update > got the window fixed for 70$ in downtown la thanks for the advice all.
And its a second gen insight. I've looked already with the hazards on and its still hidden up in the dash.....

:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
...got the window fixed for 70$...
Nice price for all.

But, anyway for the future:
...broke my rear passenger vent window ... replace it myself ... guide that shows me how to do this!
Use Service Manual: http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-2nd-gen-discussion/61922-download-2010-2011-insight-service-electrical-troubleshooting-manuals-pdf.html
Glass Replacement:

I see I checked the left side fuse box already are you sure? I unplugged all the big relays with my hazards on but non of them turned them off.
On the G2 there is no light control relay, everything is controlled via the MICU module.
The future is already here.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts