Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it not be in Honda's better interest to keep the Insight in production? I ask because the Raleigh newspaper ran an article yesterday about subcompacts and their increasing popularity. The article mentioned the Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, and Chevy Aveo. It focused on the consumer's desire for greater fuel efficiency. I know Insight has never been a big money maker for Honda, but even Smart is bring their 2 seater over here now.
I guess maybe I'm just a bit depressed since we are nearly in September and I am so attached to my little car. It truly is a member of the family. Everyone who sees my Insight loves it. I just think it would be awesome if more people could experience this great car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
at some point in the liftime of a car model the manufacturer has to start replacing the tools that create the body panels and other parts. The replacement can be quite costly. Personally I wonder if this is not a big consideration for Honda.

If Honda has another hybrid sub-compact in the works it wouldn't make a lot of business sense to replace the tooling for the Insight only to have to compete against the other small hybrid in the Honda lineup.

It seems to me that Honda has a history of doing things like this with its very small cars. The del sol, CRX etc..

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
kmiller7779 said:
Would it not be in Honda's better interest to keep the Insight in production?
Don't you think a 6 year run is long enough for a vehicle's run? Most vehicle models don't run that long. Besides it's not like Honda is killing their Hybrid line, just the Insight. But I'm sure they have a better idea coming to the general public soon. Fuel Cell technology perhaps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts