Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Huh, it's exactly the IMA with the clutch on the other side of the motor. And a separate small motor for start/stop.

Neat.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Huh, it's exactly the IMA with the clutch on the other side of the motor. And a separate small motor for start/stop.

Neat.
Agreed. Electric only at crawl/low speed would be great... although I also don't know how a MT version could've been implemented :-/.

I probably never would have bought into the insight community if a manual wasn't available...

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Manual would work. Not sure why it would be a problem.
The spinning mass of the electric motor directly connected to the input shaft would chew up your synchros in short order.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They convert vw bugs to all electric by attaching an electric motor to a standard bug tranny with no issues and many other manual trannys. Im sure it can handle the torque

·
Registered
157 Posts
The spinning mass of the electric motor directly connected to the input shaft would chew up your synchros in short order.
Honestly with a direct connection to the shaft I would think it would be easy to program the motor to "rev match" so the synchros aren't doing much of any work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts