Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm getting some Mini Cooper rims in a 16x6.5 size. They are the R119 6-star Twin-spoke.

They are 18.5 pounds so I'm gaining some weight, but I really want better handling tires and, frankly, I don't like the way the stock wheels look either. These wheels came up locally for cheap, and I'm gonna go grab them just because.

So my tire choices are a wider tire at the same overall diameter (205/40/16) or a skinnier tire that is slightly taller than stock (195/45/16).

So being that the insight is the epitome of a "momentum car" which tire do you think I should go with? What has more affect on rolling restance? More diameter, or wider?

Obviously I'm not concerned about these wheels/tires getting the best fuel economy. I want a better look, more grip, and most of all to get rid of the noisy, brick-like eco tires.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, if anyone finds the Mini "phone dials" they are 15x5.5" and weigh 12 pounds. This is what I was really looking for and I will still keep my eye out for these. I think they would look pretty cool on the Insight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts