Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Concord, and have been to Greensboro, Winston-salem area many times, and have seen a few Insights on the road....

Has anyone in the NC area been thinking able adding sound proofing to their Insight.... I was looking at a very good spray-on, and seeing you can save on a larger order. I was thinking of pulling the seats,carpet, door panels, headliner..... I would love to get together and have a soundproofing/ MOD party..... anyone intereted

http://www.quietcoat.com/index.html

James Meskill
[email protected]

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the process of my modifications, I used extreme dynomat on the floor, behind the seats, spare tire well and roof. I added 20.3 lbs.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Go to radio shack before you start and get one of their $30 sound level meters and get before and after results. By just adding regular automotive sound deadening carpet pad I dropped 3 dB. Do a search for "dynamat xtreme" it should bring it up.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I drive up I85 on a weekly basis. I have about 60lbs or so of sound insulation in my insight. (Brownbread, vcomp, lcomp etc). If you would like to see the results (compare noise between cars just let me know). Have fun, Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts