Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a 2000 Insight for over a year. After the new battery replacement under warranty, a new cat. converter, and oxygen sensor everything has been fine. In the summer I averaged over 70mpg on my commute to work.

Unfortunately, I discovered that the shroud under the engine is missing on my Insight. I have been unable to find one listed on the on-line Honda parts dealers.

Can some one give me the part numbers or at least the names to search by.

By the way, I have thought about making my own shroud if I can't fine one to purchase.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Are you talking about the three under-engine covers? The one in the front that goes across the width of the car is aluminum, and then there are two that go along the sides between the wheels and the transmission, made of plastic.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Those are the parts I am talking about. If you can help with the proper name or part numbers it would be nice.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,926 Posts
Besk:
I believe the proper name of the parts are "splash shields".
I think the set is around $120.00

Willie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Source of Underengine cover (Part number or official nam

Besk said:
I have had a 2000 Insight for over a year. After the new battery replacement under warranty, a new cat. converter, and oxygen sensor everything has been fine. In the summer I averaged over 70mpg on my commute to work.

Unfortunately, I discovered that the shroud under the engine is missing on my Insight. I have been unable to find one listed on the on-line Honda parts dealers.

Can some one give me the part numbers or at least the names to search by.

By the way, I have thought about making my own shroud if I can't fine one to purchase.
go to Majestichonda.com select the front bumper, fig 6 & 7 p/n
71110-S3Y-000 strake R, 71120-S3Y-000 Strake L

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Micheal,

The strakes are the lower rubber pieces directly in front of each front wheel. The covers that Besk is looking for are right here.

Number 9 - COVER, FR. (LOWER) $66.69
Number 12 - COVER, R. ENGINE (LOWER) $36.66
Number 15 - COVER, R. FR. ARM (LOWER) $18.04

Funny how the left and right plastic covers are so different in price...

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
101 Posts
Splash shields

The shop manual calls these covers splash shields. In the section regarding removing the engine.

On that Majestic parts diagram, #9 looks right for center shield, same shape as in manual. But I think. #12 and 17 are the right and left shields. Note in the exploded view the the part above to the right of the center shield. That part has four "corrugations" matching what's in the shop manual. Above that part on the diagram are those numbers 12 and 17 with a line down to the part.

Hope I got that right. Same price right and left too.

Regards, Jim
'01 #191

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Jim and Besk,

Sorry for the confusion...My mistake :oops: Number 15 in my post above should be number 17 as Jim mentioned. I saw the 12 and 17 in the diagram but by the time I did a cut-and-paste of the number 12, my mind replaced the 17 with 15 and cut-and-pasted the wrong part. Thanks for the correction. So it should be:

Number 9 - COVER, FR. (LOWER) $66.69
Number 12 - COVER, R. ENGINE (LOWER) $36.66
Number 17 - COVER, L. ENGINE (LOWER) $36.66

Now the price of the plastic parts makes more sense as well ;)

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts