Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions, and sorry if they're simple:

1. If I order spare parts from the Honda estore using my vin number, will they be the right color (here silver)? I'm trying to order a left front panel and a rear bumper face.

2. Has anyone replaced the rear bumper face themselves? What tools do you need, and how difficult is it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I ordered a front bumper and it came in primered, not painted... you will need to get a paint shop to take care of that.

Tools - most all of it comes off with only a screw-driver blade but you will need a 10mm socket and maybe one or two other common tools

·
Registered
728 Posts
2. Has anyone replaced the rear bumper face themselves? What tools do you need, and how difficult is it?
I've never replaced one, but I pulled one at the self-service junkyard. It's easy, and you'll need at least a 10mm socket, a phillips, and I think a trim removal tool for the nylon rivets. The taillights have to come out, and I needed a thin putty knife to get at the screws holding them in.

Try car-part.com for used parts. They're available in silver, and they're cheaper.

·
Registered
672 Posts
But what about matching colors? I talked to a guy at a bodyshop, and he said two different cars would have slightly different colors of paint.

But my car's blue, so I bet silver probably wouldn't have much variation - thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts