Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

how much would you charge for used Gen 1 battery sticks to be sent to Australia and/or New Zealand?

Do you grade the sticks in some way, like Ah capacity at 32A (or 6A, 0.6A) or IR or some other yardstick?

Can you supply poor, medium and/or good quality sticks?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Mr. Mik,

I'd advise you to wait a little bit. We're testing new (non-Panasonic/Sanyo) cells, and if they work well, we'll be making them available to the NZ crowd and Patrick Phan in particular.

But yes, I have every flavor of stick you could imagine. Contact me directly via email.

Hi,

how much would you charge for used Gen 1 battery sticks to be sent to Australia and/or New Zealand?

Do you grade the sticks in some way, like Ah capacity at 32A (or 6A, 0.6A) or IR or some other yardstick?

Can you supply poor, medium and/or good quality sticks?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

I do not require any sticks myself at the moment, because I have 3 cars and 7 batteries and have not even finished testing them all.

After a couple of false starts I now have two cars running beautifully and a grid charger and connecting harness that is safe, effective and easy to use.

I just wanted to show clearly to other NHW10 owners that replacement sticks are indeed easily available, some of them seem to be stuck with the assumption that one cannot get any replacement sticks.

Nice photo!

·
Premium Member
2,394 Posts
Enough to hybridize a few hill-riding semi trucks, if they were still good. ;)

Glad to see your floor is still handling the weight.

·
7,188 Posts
Good lord....

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
WHOA!

I counted them all, you have 2140 sticks in the 2nd picture. So do I win a new battery pack if the count is right?

That is about 100 battery packs there Ron, you sure have been a busy little battery gatherer... Thats about enough to power your house for a month!!!

·
7,188 Posts
I would almost be worried that the ones on the bottom will get crushed and leak electrolyte?

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
You got me beat. I thought I was the only one who stores batteries in the closet.

So.... Thats in wait for the i2 and crz ownes who will be knocking on your door in a few years?

·
7,188 Posts
Those are bad sticks.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I was wondering about the weight on the floor myself. You may find that stack in the basement.
We reinforced the floor with 4x4 beams and it's located on an outer wall. The existing floor joists are 12" on center and are non-dimensional lumber. They are about 12"x3" and they socket right into the concrete foundation wall at the back of the closet. It's less than two tons of batteries, so it shouldn't be a problem. I've got 700 more sticks in crates to go into the closet.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
WHOA!

I counted them all, you have 2140 sticks in the 2nd picture. So do I win a new battery pack if the count is right?

That is about 100 battery packs there Ron, you sure have been a busy little battery gatherer... Thats about enough to power your house for a month!!!
Rush, don't forget that the picture only shows one side of the closet. There are batteries behind the doors. :D

·
7,188 Posts
Well yes of course I'm aware of that. ;) They still have a breaking point though... Not sure you would want to find out where that point is? Would be a mess...

·
7,188 Posts
Yeah, I thought that was clear. These are the BAD sticks that we've taken out of packs. We're possibly going to cut them up and recombine the good cells into good sticks.
Do you think that prospect is going to be worth it in light of the new 8Ah sticks?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts