Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2020 Insight EX yesterday. I have been seeing people talk about putting a spare tire kit in the 2019 models from an older Civic in a wrecking yard. Would that still be the route I take for this item? Or maybe someone can provide a link to an online shop. I could not find anything on Majestic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently Honda isn't even offering the spare as an accessory because they offer road side assistance. I guess I will just have to count on that.

·
Registered
Aegean Blue 2020 Honda Insight EX
3 Posts
I have had some dealers tell me you can order the kit, and others tell me you cannot. I ended up going with ModernSpare.com. Their jack is much, much nicer than the factory's. They do not have the Honda Insight listed on their page, but if you go to the contact page and send them a message they will help you out. It runs about $350 for the tire, jack, tools, and a set of lug nuts {you will need them as they are different}. You can also get a storage bag for a few dollars more. The spare is the same diameter as the regular wheels, which is larger than the Honda spare, which is better for your drive train, but it fits in the spare tire well.There is no foam insert with their kit, and the Honda foam insert does not fit inside if you were planning to buy one of those.

You can still go the salvage yard method, but that depends on where you live. The salvage yards in my area very rarely have a car newer than five years old as they normally go to auction, and when a car shows up they take the spare tire and jack kit and pile them up so it is a guessing game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts