Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to finally change out the plugs at 135k. I've noticed the mileage has dropped a few more than normal at this time of year, so I bought a set of de so iridium plugs. A good friend recommended them, and they were only 6.50 each.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Gap on original plugs was 39-41. Still in good shape. I'll run these new plugs and monitor them for 5000, and see how they perform.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was thinking about switching to denso plugs to when I change out my plugs.
Any feedback on how they make the car run? Better or worse mpg or same?:confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car feels exactly the same. And the mileage is almost identical. The last five tanks were all between 44.7 and 45.5. Mostly highway, all highway travel is above 75, with the a/c on.

So far, so good...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wonder if E3 plugs would make a difference?

I have 10,000 miles to go then I will change my sparks plugs.

Read some stuff on the E3 and iridium plugs
I wonder if I could go half. E3 in the rear and iridium in the front!
:confused:

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I spent all my free time for a week reading about the different plugs. All research lead back to the iridium by ngk for 17 bucks a pop as #1, autolite xp as#2 then a few other ngk plugs to fill out the rest. I couldnt find enough to support the e3 plug as a durable plug or any savings.

I wanted 2-3 steps colder, but couldnt find that either. Seems our car takes a unique plug.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, I do like the autolite XP, I had them in my ram and had good results.

And read some good things on other forums about E3 so I thought about giving them a try.

Do you know when Bosch came out with platinum Ir fusion spark plugs?
I wonder how they would do in our cars?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Ive had several people tell me not to use bosch in our cars. I think there is a few threads in the gen 1 section where the plug came apart.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All 8 of the plugs that came out were the same plug. Or at least they all had the same number on them. I put in eight of the same plug.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts