Honda Insight Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Spark plug letter

I finally found the spark plug letter stamp. It is real obvious once you know were to look. Just look straight down from over the center spark plug with the coil pack removed. Here is a video for those who are having a hard time finding it.

·
Registered
Silver 2000 MT
10 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread again. I have an Insight that I bought Oct. '21 with over 180k on it. I am assuming the plugs have never been changed and planning on doing the Autolite XP5325. I just want to confirm that these have still stood the test of time, and wanted to know if I could get away with a 4 pack, or if I need to do the 6 for a better chance of getting ones that sit in the correct orientation? My engine is stamped B fwiw

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I used the Autolites once. It was quite a few years ago but I think I bought six or eight of them. They worked fine. I suggest you buy them from two or more sources so you have plugs from different manufacturing runs. I think you would have a better chance of having different thread orientations that way. It's just a suggestion though. I don't know how they do the production run.

I don't think you have to be all that accurate with the orientation. My guess is that you can have maybe 270 degrees where they be good and will ignite well; If they are at the bad 90 degrees the negative post will make a flame shadow.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So you guys don’t buy the plugs from Honda?

How would you know if you have the correct plugs if you buy them from Autozone?

I didn’t know about the stamp on the engine and I might have the incorrect plugs.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
So you guys don’t buy the plugs from Honda?

How would you know if you have the correct plugs if you buy them from Autozone?

I didn’t know about the stamp on the engine and I might have the incorrect plugs.
Basically if you don't buy the indexed plugs from Honda you might get incorrect plugs no matter where or what else you buy.

There is a thread on the forum somewhere how to change the orientation of the plugs with different thickness spark plug washers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Basically if you don't buy the indexed plugs from Honda you might get incorrect plugs no matter where or what else you buy.

There is a thread on the forum somewhere how to change the orientation of the plugs with different thickness spark plug washers.
Got the correct spark plugs from Honda.
My insight was stamped with an “A”
I went ahead and bought them.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Bumper

81 - 88 of 88 Posts