Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only had my 2001 insight for three months and like the mileage I'm getting about 48mpg. The question is Where are the spark plugs? I looked under the plastic cover and on the radiator side of the motor it looks like the fuel rail. On the firewall side it has three u shaped things held in by a 8mm bolt and when I removed the bolt and took out the thing it looked more like a injector than a sparkplug. my car is pulseing at 30mph to 45mph when I should be getting my best mileage. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Hi Yannd; yes, on the firewall side, those first 3 things you removed are the COILS. Beneath them are the plugs, they are set rather deep in the cylinder head. Remember, each one is an NGK brand, and matched to the cylinder with the letter A,B,C, or D. When replacing, be sure to get the correct letter.

Is yours a CVT or manual tranny? Either case, your MPG doesn't sound too good. Follow all the tips on this web site, including adding more air to the tires and slowing down a little......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I've been reading some of the other posts and i'm learning alot.I really felt stupid asking but I really could'nt find them!! now I will. Thanks Dan PS its a CVT.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
It must be a good three inches down in those holes to the plugs :evil: . You will need an extension on your ratchet to get there.
Also be careful not to drop the plugs back down in the holes when putting things back together. The rubber gripper that is up inside of my sparkplug socket is old and dried out, so I put a piece of black tape over the lip of the socket, inside and out, on 1 of the flats, to tighten things up so the plug would not fall out of the socket. Make sure your socket will hold onto the plug, so you don't drop it. If your tooling is newer stuff you may not see this problem.

Randall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts