Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Your speakers look hot. For the benefit of others, what is their model number and wattage? I notice that you did not put covers on your front speakers. Have you managed to resolve this? Have you tried trimming the inside of the OEM speaker covers?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey, you have the same deck as me :) Did you hook up the dimmer wire? I haven't been in the dash in a while but I seem to remember there being two dimmer wires and I wasn't sure which to use. One that switched on and off with the head lights and one that was controled by the the FCD dimmer buttons. The speakers look great too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Trimming speaker covers...

If by trimming the stock speaker covers you mean hollowing them out some to make room for the tweeter, I did mine easily with a Dremel with a grinding stone attachment. If you start out slow, it would be hard to mess up doing it this way.

When I had ground out enough, I removed all the plastic burrs and hit it quickly with a heat gun. Looks good (not that you ever see the inside).

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Re: Trimming speaker covers...

Insighter said:
If by trimming the stock speaker covers you mean hollowing them out some to make room for the tweeter, I did mine easily with a Dremel with a grinding stone attachment.
I have the Eclipse 8263's and I was much more low-tech. I just used a utility/razor knife.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I like those covers on the rears. I think you are righ for not using them on the fronts, they don't do a lot of protecting, but work well for the rears.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: Trimming speaker covers...

Tim Maddux said:
I have the Eclipse 8263's and I was much more low-tech. I just used a utility/razor knife.
That is exactly what I did, for the same pair of speakers. Piece of cake.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If you use a Dremel...make SURE you use it at low speed. I melted the plastic on one of my original grills with the dremel (D'OH!) :oops:

Fortunately hparts had replacement grills for about $10 (IIRC). :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts