Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the speeding ticket yesterday on the way home to BC from Washington state on I-5. I was stopped by the cop who said I was driving 77mph in a 60 zone :cry: I am going to pay the 133.00 penalty
in 15 days. I met about 4 insights on I-5 and Hyw 101 in Newport

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've gotten three speeding tickets in my Insight over the three years I've had it. The first was literally the day after I bought it, I got nabbed for 11 over the limit (I wasn't paying attention to my speed, I was watching the instantaneous fuel mileage bar go to and fro as I modulated the gas pedal, but still!), although I figured that one was more about the cop thinking I had some new fangled sports car or something. The other two were just for me going too doggone fast. My lead foot has led to two truths I've found with my Insight 1) decreased lifetime fuel mileage, but still pretty good considering how I drive the car, I'm only at 55.4 lifetime over approx. 52,500 miles, and 2) proof that just because a car is made to be efficient, that doesn't mean it is slow or incapable of providing a rapid conveyance for high-speed travel!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have wondered if talking to an officer and saying "Your police officer friends aren't going to make fun of you for writing a ticket for an electric car, are they?" might work. Probably not, but it might be worth a try.

·
Registered
223 Posts
LOL, nope electric car story didnt cut the mustard here, cop still wrote me for doing 62 in a 50 zone. But he did ask a whole bunch of questions about the car, after the ticket was issued and must say I wasn't really thrilled about explaining it to a cactus cop. But still I did see him about 3 months later driving a Civic Hybryd so maybe some good came out of ticket :lol:

·
Registered
334 Posts
michael wong said:
I got the speeding ticket yesterday on the way home to BC from Washington state on I-5. I was stopped by the cop who said I was driving 77mph in a 60 zone :cry: I am going to pay the 133.00 penalty
in 15 days. I met about 4 insights on I-5 and Hyw 101 in Newport
Oh, you could have said you thought you were looking at the KPH readout instead of the MPH and got confused at the conversion ratio. WA State patrol doesn't cut much slack to any car. :)

Did one of the Insights you saw in WA state have flames on the side? If so that was me. :)

BTW, Good thing you weren't doing above 80mph that's a 300 dollar ticket. I was lucky and got out of one of those. Phew :shock:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts