Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How sensitive would the Insight 2 be to adding things that disturb the the air flow? Would splash guards reduce the mileage?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you notice there are a variety of devices hanging down under your Insight, about the same distance as the splash guards. Most of these are in front of the tires, to help disrupt the airflow around the tire. My guess is that it should hurt much, if any, since the airflow is disturbed by the tire.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Most of the splash guard is behind the tire, so it should be minimal. Need a wind tunnel and a few tests pre and post splash guard to see how much. My guess is very little.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of the splash guard is behind the tire, so it should be minimal. Need a wind tunnel and a few tests pre and post splash guard to see how much. My guess is very little.
Oh that is so tempting. :rolleyes: Maybe set out a course that I could drive at speed with and without splash guards. Oh the things we could do to push forward Insight Science if we just had nothing else to do. LOL

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll have to decide which way the Insight looks better. That's even harder. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
How sensitive would the Insight 2 be to adding things that disturb the the air flow? Would splash guards reduce the mileage?
Don't know if it would effect it or not, but was at the dealership last night to test drive an Insight. They had 4 on the lot and everyone had splash guards installed on them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know if it would effect it or not, but was at the dealership last night to test drive an Insight. They had 4 on the lot and everyone had splash guards installed on them.
Some of the dealers seem to automatically add them and sometimes other options which they then can charge you list price for plus installation. My dealer traded to get my Insight and that is how mine ended up with splash guards. I did not have to pay for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts