Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I am driving my spacecake for over 2 months, I have came to a shocking conclusion:
What kind of car will I ever buy, which can compete with my Insight ???
I do already miss my Insight in the future !!! :cry: :cry:
Can I ever buy a car that is "less" than the Insight ?

Am I the only one with this way of thinking or what? :roll:
Oh spoiled me!!! :wink:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Am I the only one with this way of thinking or what?
you are not alone, I completely agree with you. I see all of these neat car's I'd like to own then I think.... "None are made of aluminium, and none get 60mpg." Why bother with any other type of car that will rust and get horrible gas milage. :wink:

Oh spoiled you!! :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Windmill:

___I could not have said it any better myself and I my little red beauty has only been in my hands for 6 weeks :D

___I test drove an 04 Prius a few weeks ago and even though I received a decent 56 mpg over a short city loop, I thought this is so passé now that I own an Insight. Maybe Daihatsu will get their act together and release the UFE-II w/out Gull wing doors (130 - 140 mpg possibly?) although I doubt we will ever see it :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2ioq65x5][email protected][/email:2ioq65x5]

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Spacecake, Hmmmm, Dutch for flying saucer? Just a guess.

While I will graciously allow that the Insight is not for everyone, try to take mine away and I'll bite your arm off. Grrrrrrrr. :lol:

Seriously, if I was rich I'd go around buying up used ones. Hey, if I was rich like Bill Gates I'd buy up new ones if that would keep them in production.

I figure half the people in America should want one, but love is blind. :wink:

70+ LMPG, no rust, what a liberating feeling.

Love, Liberty, and the pursuit of better gas mileage.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
b1shmu63 said:
Spacecake, Hmmmm, Dutch for flying saucer? Just a guess.
Spacecake is a cake, with a little kick inside (in the 70's and 80's), just cal it grass, never tried it (was born half 70's), but these people had just such a sense of freedom in them, that they never wanted anything else, just beeing happy!! And that's just what I am 8) !! I am already thinking, trading in all my other Honda's and buy a spare Insight :twisted:

Yes, I am reborn again!!! :wink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Well, all you guys over the Atlantic can go out to a dealer and get a new Insight.
What about us Mainland-Europeans ??
We can't get them anymore !!! Even my dealer where I bought mine, he has verrry big ties to Japan can't get hold of new ones: He told me it was him, that gave Honda-Japan the idea of fitting chrome door-handles and rear-view mirror indicators on the new Accord (Acura TSX??)....
I'm just praying for the IMA-S to come....... :?

And for this VW-thingy: I think it will never see the light of day, simply because VW is only interested in profits, and not in high-tech products :roll:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. 166 said:
...simply because VW is only interested in profits, and not in high-tech products :roll:
True!!!, there is hightech, but it is not for sale because the oil companies have a big foot on it, and for a reason: NO OIL COMPANY is waiting for fuelefficient cars!! They want to sell oil, not holding it............

·
Registered
348 Posts
Name me ONE high-tech vehicle from VW !
:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Especially for those of us in our twenties and thirties who grew up with......Knightrider, it is a fantastic car. My Insight is nicknamed Kitty after KITT and the feline headlights..... :D

G

·
0 Posts
I am keeping my eyes open for a low mileage Insight at the moment.

Reason is that in 3 years time the car will have around 100,000 miles & will be retired from active duty, however, I will NEED another one.

If I can find a very low milage car (under 10,000) I'll maybe buy it & mothball it until it's needed.

When I'm doing 36,000 miles a year I can't afford not to drive an Insight, just helps that it's soooo cool.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Hi,

Personnally, I will not buy an other one but I will do what ever is necessary to keep it going. I'll start putting away some money for it.

Afther all, it was manufactured so it can be redone again. Almost any machine shop can build from scratch any part. From crankshaft to brake master cylinder. Only the electronic parts need to be sturdy enough to outlive the manufacturer stopping making parts.

Then again if the electronic parts go out, I will turn it into a full electric car.

To me, no way can I let this car die

Yves.

·
Registered
741 Posts
windmill said:
What kind of car will I ever buy, which can compete with my Insight ??? I do already miss my Insight in the future !!! :cry: :cry: Can I ever buy a car that is "less" than the Insight ?

Actually, there are a couple cars I'd like to get, and I think I'd enjoy them as much as the Insight:

VW Lupo (aluminum - 90mpg)
VW 2007 3-seat car (120 mpg)
VW 2-seat prototype (240 mpg)
Toyota Prius with EV-mode (Europe)

The car manufacturers have been experimenting and bringing out lots of new cars with new technologies. IMHO, this period in history (2000-2020) will be as exciting as the early days of automobiling .

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Mark Elvin said:
I am keeping my eyes open for a low mileage Insight at the moment. Reason is that in 3 years time the car will have around 100,000 miles & will be retired from active duty, however, I will NEED another one. If I can find a very low milage car (under 10,000) I'll maybe buy it & mothball it until it's needed.
I keep a regular eye on autotrader.co.uk and do searchs at a national level. There is a 5speed silver 2001 with only 6,000 miles to the East of London for £7,995. It has been there for around six months so I bet the dealer would be willing to do a deal.

The two cheaper Insights than the above are both V Reg and are Japanese imports (Insights only came to the UK from 2000, W Reg onwards). One is at porterploy.com, where I bought mine, and I can recommend them.

Funny enough, I am also considering getting a second Insight, perhaps an automatic for the wife :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
To put things right:
The Lupo is NOT made out of aluminium. The Lupo 3L is only a SLIGHTLY MODIFIED version of the regular Lupo.
As far as I know the hood is only part of the body made out of aluminium.

VW could have gone further with the idea (like our beloved Insight) but in the end they only converted a normal production car. Just like the electric cars in the 70s and 80s....... :roll:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Spoiled me!!

Silver Streaker wrote.

I keep a regular eye on autotrader.co.uk and do searchs at a national level. There is a 5speed silver 2001 with only 6,000 miles to the East of London for £7,995. It has been there for around six months so I bet the dealer would be willing to do a deal.

Interesting this,I contacted this dealer before buying my present car to be told the car was actually in Germany.He had not seen the car and was to travel there and phone back with details which never happened.After two days when he returned I was told his son had sold the car sight unseen to a concession charge seeker while he was away, needless to say I was somewhat p####d off.
His story goe's this car was a "Jap"purchase by Fords research dept for examination hence the low miles,at the time he didn't seem to know anything about the Insights and was quoting misinfo regarding tax etc.
After loosing the car initially through greed it gave me some satisfaction to see they still have it .There may be underlying reasons why it is still available.

Dgate #151 [/quote]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Spoiled - or - renewed?

My insight has renewed my interest in cars. Even though my 2000 has been mis-behaving with intermittent starting difficulties during cool weather, I still love it.
I've got a lot of Detroit, Japanese, & German iron in my collection, but now I don't want to drive any of 'em, and am thinking of getting another used Insight so I don't have to haggle with my sweetie which of us gets to take the Insight when we both travel separately at the same time.
As a side note: I'll bet these will be collector's cars within twenty years. In other words - keep 'em!
P.S. Don't forget to stop & get gas each month. Enjoy, Berk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts