Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I wanted to share a simple spreadsheet I've been working on the last few weeks, as I thought it might be helpful to some. It is a listing of G1 Insighters sorted by location, based on what they have displayed in their public profile. I thought it could be helpful to have an updated list of member locations all in one place, in case someone wishes to find an Insighter nearby. The spreadsheet also serves as a rough count of active G1 members, as everyone listed has been active on the forum in the last few months (though I am sure I missed some people, especially less frequent posters).

The spreadsheet can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1c5FcGkwLtl7dThbkgdPXW03btavXkxS9ch_R2VJH-j4/edit?usp=sharing. It is open to editing, so anyone should feel free to add or remove themselves as desired. Feel free also to add any other columns; I had one for MT/CVT ownership, since many people have that listed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Added mine. I have 3 cars, all MTs, and all 2000s.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Didn't realize there were that many active members. Great job on the list.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
I like it. Makes it easy to see who is relatively close by:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for this... Reassuring to know this group is so active. Had no idea there were so many participating. I learned how to rebuild Prius battery packs last Summer and now working on Honda packs. Currently doing fix up & repairs on a 2001 Insight for past few weeks and my two hybrid battery friends in the area ended up working on Insights too. Sure are fun cars to work on / drive around... I'd love to own one someday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for sharing this! I haven't been active lately, so added my name to the spreadsheet manually.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great job. I updated my entry. I'm in WA and surprised there are only 9 of us listed. I'm near Redmond (east of Seattle) and have seen 3-4 gen1 Insights there alone. Maybe I should add a big sign to the top of mine to advertise this site to others.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Didn't we have a problem with another public spreadsheet here where a rouge poster messed up some entries? I have no idea how to change an entry but I'm in MD, not in ???. And I'm pretty sure another member isn't in India.

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
I think you are right about the rouge poster messing with the data sheet. The original Insighter DID put his location as India...........It's a long boring story.

"Honesty is the best policy".

·
Registered
465 Posts
I added the mileage column and my own entry

·
and two dogs
319 Posts
Good work!

Only 11 UK Insighters, sadly.
Well it's 15 today, and that's not bad really given there's only 226 taxed for the road in the UK. Our nearly 20 year old car went through 200,000 miles a couple of weeks ago and is in for servicing at an independent garage today. Should be brake pads and fluids only. Still does >100mpg when the sun is shining, which still surprises owners of new cars today. Or they think I'm full of **** :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello - I added myself to the spreadsheet. I'm an infrequent poster, and the original owner of my Insight, bought new in Dec. 2000 in CA. The car is a silver MT with 92,500. It's all completely original, as delivered. Only problems have been having to replace the master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, the front motor mount, and the oil valve on the valve cover. My first IMA battery lasted 8 years living in the SF Bay Area (Palo Alto) but after moving to Las Vegas in 2006, they last about 4 years with the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts