Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Insight Fans,
UPDATED 02 MAY 2017:

20 May 2017 (Saturday) Optional meet day at Carlisle, PA Fairgrounds: Import/Performance Car Show.
Last year we had several cars entered and grouped in the Honda area on the show field. You can still do this by registering ahead of time. This way you can drive onto the field. Or you can pay $10 general admission. Lots of great import cars from all around the world, as well as a great bunch of kit cars, and cars for sale, along with a sprawling swap meet area.
Meetup at: 0800
Fairgrounds Diner
1111 Carlisle Springs Rd,
Carlisle, PA 17013
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fairgrounds-Diner/231537583710204
Ignore their 1 * rating...LOL, we are there for some hot coffee and the location :)

21 May 2017 (Sunday) Fall Maintenance Day in Frederick, MD
Meetup at: 0730
The Frederick Coffee Co.
100 N. East Street
Frederick, MD 21701
Frederick Coffee Company & Cafe
This is a really cool coffee shop with great sandwiches and pastries.

This is a great opportunity to meet with other Insight Fans, learn more about your car, get some minor maintenance done, help other owners with their Insight issues, and have a great time doing it.

The location is beautiful historic Frederick, Maryland. It is about an hour north of Washington, DC.

The venue is at a member's garage, with plenty of parking, lift, compressed air, and tools.
Last year we had about a dozen or so Insights, and it was very productive day: we were able to do several transmission fluid changes, oil changes, a set of tie rods, under body repairs of panels, a harness install (or two?), tire rotations, headlight buffing, A/C recharge, dash trip button swap, and about 10 or so rear rubber cargo mats were also made...I'm probably forgetting some.

We will again be spoiled by Doug's grille magic!!!! Last year he provided a superb cooked out meal.

We will need a head count ahead of time to help with meal planning. (Last year we pitched in at the end of the meet to help the host defray the expense...Let's try to do the same this year.) Not charging a "registration" or "admission fee" for the Maintenance Day is a bonus...but please don't expect others to pay for your meal, even if they are nice enough to be cooking for you! THANK YOU ALL!!!)

Please bring: All your parts, fluids, gaskets, special tools, or parts you want to offer up for sale... CONTACT "SAMWICHSE" for sign up for the lift schedule, so we can plan to fit everyone's desired work into the schedule. We will "assist" as best we can, but I don't think any of us are ASE certified mechanics, so please discuss your reasonable desires with Sam if you can't do your own work.

We will need a head count ahead of time to help with meal planning.

There will be a liability waiver to be signed by all attendees, as this is not a commercial operations, it is a private gathering, at a member's property.

PLEASE WEAR CLOSED-TOE SHOES! No sandals.

Bring a folding chair.

Bring your helpful, selfless, positive attitude, as you always do!

We are all excited to be able to be part of another great event in the Mid-Atlantic region, and looking forward to another tremendous time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SAKY9MlAC95zwMkv2mjhg4eJYPqmkfTdkNPY3bpJQzc/edit#gid=0

Hope to see all of you there!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I hope there's a cookout again... this time I could actually eat something.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
I vote for having this on Sunday and Carlisle on Saturday. Much more to see and do at Carlisle on Saturday. On Sunday half the vendors have left or are packing up. Details for Carlisle at Carlisle Import and Performance Nationals if you are walking in and Import & Performance if you are bringing in a car to the showfield. Yea it's pretty expensive but it gets two people in with one car and there is 10% off if you pre-register by April 17.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Yea it's pretty expensive but it gets two people in with one car and there is 10% off if you pre-register by April 17.
Maybe this is a job for the Civic hybrid :).

I also vote Carlisle on Saturday, Frederick on Sunday. Saturday is the good day at Carlisle.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
This was an absolutely wonderful event last year and a wonderful facility with a wonderful host. His pit crew cookout was some of the best grill food I've had in a long time.

Nice garage with lots of space outside and inside. Lots of great wrenching last year and lots of wonderful chat. The pizza dinner was a wonderful social event. Don't miss this national class regional event!

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, this was a great time last year. We got a great deal of work done, and had a great time doing it! Mark is again offering up his garage for our use that's best described as every man's dream.
Unsure about lunch, but we can again grab coffee/breakfast at meetup time, lunch at the garage (pizza? Or make a food run?) and I wouldn't mind visiting the Coal Fire Pizza for dinner again that we all enjoyed last time.
Here is some info/pics in the posts from last year: http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88610

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That would be great! You could again be the guest of honor of the Mid-Atlantic Club.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just registered my car for the fun field under the Mid Atlantic Honda Hybrids club and the $4 discount with the "Gate & Go" was still active, it was supposed to end 3 days ago (4/17/17) so if you are thinking about it, do it now, the Gate & Go allows you to just drive in since the pass is mailed to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saturday or Sunday

So, is the preference for Saturday or Sunday? Either one is fine for me:)
Doug has kindly volunteered to cook for us again so we'll have plenty of food.
Hope to see everyone there and if we're lucky it will as fun as last year!

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Doug has kindly volunteered to cook for us again so we'll have plenty of food.
MMMM! This event is looking better and better. I think I'll be able to cart my broken wife in the RV to Mt. Airy and make this really fun event - if last year is any indicator:)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Fredrick meet on sunday

Looking for some more info on the meet ,what day are we meeting,. Am in for whatever day, do we have a attendance list yet,this would help mark plan better, He's a great host and some planning would help .

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Hello, still taking votes on this!

Carlisle Saturday, Frederick Sunday

or........

Frederick Saturday, Carlisle Sunday!

Remember to order any fluids, filters, gaskets, short blocks, or complete cars BEFORE the event. There will be tools available, but bringing your own might speed things along if you have work that can be done off the lift.

Also, at least one attendee has a parts car (red, so far), so if you have any parts you wish would be there, put them here in this thread so he (and others, I believe there may be a silver parts car in this thread too) can know to strip it/bring it.

Sam "Definitely Going" Wichse

Sign up sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SAKY9MlAC95zwMkv2mjhg4eJYPqmkfTdkNPY3bpJQzc/edit#gid=0

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Sounds great to me!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank You All, and I appreciate everyone's patience.

I updated the first post with up to date info, and meetup locations.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hello Pete and Sam, can you update me for Sunday on spreadsheet for Fredrick,can't seem to sign up on document,,Pete are you going to have some copy's on hand of the safety release paper at the coffee shop.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts