Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Calling all Mid-Atlantic Insight owners!
One of our New members is offering up his shop to host this meet, and a lot of you are itching for a get together.
*** The date is 25 June 2016, starting at 8 AM. *** Spread the word to all Insight/Civic Hybrid owners.
Order your parts, and PM me to get on the lift/bay schedule.
Address/directions will be emailed upon request from SeedofSpeed or Freezin4.

·
Registered
554 Posts
No promises as June is a busy month, but subscribed for developments. :)

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Mid-Atlantic Meetups

Calling all Mid-Atlantic Insight owners!
One of our New members is offering up his shop to host this meet, and a lot of you are itching for a get together.
First order of business, nail down the date:
What Saturday in June would work best for you?
Hey freezin4, I'm currently uncommitted to anything, but I'm interested in coming to one-or-more events.

Can you say what's the location of the shop and meetup? It would help me a great deal for mapping out the trip and scouting local lodging.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is it a social or tech meet,love to see if i can get a grid charger installed that day.

Yes! We are looking at a tech meet, hence the selection for the location with a lift. The host is interested in grid chargers too, and I need one installed as well.
But plan on a social dinner at the end. ;)

No promises as June is a busy month, but subscribed for developments. :)

Cool! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Hey freezin4, I'm currently uncommitted to anything, but I'm interested in coming to one-or-more events.

Can you say what's the location of the shop and meetup? It would help me a great deal for mapping out the trip and scouting local lodging.

Sorry, I don't have the address yet. But Frederick, MD is not that large. I know there are a few chain hotels, and Gambrill State Park has cabins or other camping accommodations.

And looks like 25 June is the date!

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Yea, can't make the event in June. I'll see some of the folk in Carlisle next month, and a bunch of them in Indy this August.

Hoping for something in Oct, completely tentative at the moment. My only shot in October is the weekend of Oct 15. More on that later.

Hope you guys have a blast in Frederick :)

Regards,

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'll be in Annadale, VA with my partner's family in late June, so I'll be there. I'll let you know if something changes, but an address to the location would be helpful in advance as I like to plan everything ahead of time.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd love to make a day trip out there! Lemme know the date so I can clear my schedule! I'd like to at least carve out an underbody panel!

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
25 June
Address will be emailed and PM'd
Looking forward to this gathering with several new members attending.
Don't forget: In the meantime, we still have the Carlisle, PA event on 21 May at the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put 25 June on your calendars! This will be a tech meet!
The host has a well equipped shop with a lift, air, welder, torch, plasma cutter, press and most any other tool you can think of. It is pretty well set up for multiple projects/people at once (lots of electric and air, bench space).
We will try to accommodate everyone's projects, and lend a hand and offer guidance where needed.
So far we have:
Mark- Grid charging harness/belly pan.
Kaity- Dash trip switches.
Me- Shocks/Springs.
Hybrid442- ?

More later!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Excellent! I've already taken off work for this! I wanna cut an front end underbody panel (bumper to like, mid chassis) from some sort of plastic board, and install that upper grill block off. (Who sells that here?) Also need to do my trip switches. (also need user for that, lol) Any suggestions on what plastic board to buy?

Sorry for all the questions. Still kinda new. :3

·
Super Moderator
4,726 Posts
Just order the panel from Scott. You can't make one that will fit or work as well as his.

I made a temporary one out of Coroplast and I wasn't happy with it at all.

You're on your own for the upper grille panel. Nobody sells one. Maybe a commercial opportunity for you?

Sam

·
Registered
48 Posts
No, no. Scott only sells the section for under the oil pan. I'm missing the ENTIRE front end. Radiator support splash guard, and even part of my wheel wells. Definitely gonna buy from Scott for the belly portion however.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I might want to lift my car so I can check my panels, the roads in Virginia have been unrelenting, I have damage the the black thing in front of the driver's side front wheel. I'm trying to get a grid charge but if I can't, I'd like to have someone figure it out and bypass if necessary. Just waiting on the address for now, but I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I agree ,Scott,s very good supplier for a lot of our parts and troubleshooting guides. Am planning to do my strakes and help get charger harness and dis charger installed and some tips on how to use it.Check my brake lines when up on lift. Any suggestings on who,s making the best charger right now./

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
No, no. Scott only sells the section for under the oil pan. I'm missing the ENTIRE front end. Radiator support splash guard, and even part of my wheel wells. Definitely gonna buy from Scott for the belly portion however.
The aluminum belly pan sides connect to parts 11 & 16 (cover) in this Majestic Honda schematic . Often called the "inner wells", you will have to have these in place in order for the pan to be secure.

It also attaches to piece 10 in the print (rear of the new pan attaches).

Very worthwhile to purchase the hardware for the pan also.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
"Excellent! I've already taken off work for this!" - That's great Sean! This will be a great tech meet, with plenty of socializing.

"I wanna cut an front end underbody panel (bumper to like, mid chassis) from some sort of plastic board, and install that upper grill block off. (Who sells that here?)" - I think they are all custom jobs. Not aware of anyone selling grill blocks. You could be the first :)

"Also need to do my trip switches. (also need user for that, lol)" - Randall (Highwater). http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/buy-sell-insight-related-items/21482-dash-reset-button-upgrade-gen1.html

"Any suggestions on what plastic board to buy?" - Some have used Corrugated plastic/ Coroplast (campaign signs). Or some other recyclable. Aluminum is pretty expensive. Some have used clear plexiglass ( looks cool, until dirty, & scratched)

"Sorry for all the questions." - No problem; that's what the forum is for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
619 Posts
Excellent! I've already taken off work for this! - That's great Sean! This will be a great tech meet, with plenty of socializing.

I wanna cut an front end underbody panel (bumper to like, mid chassis) from some sort of plastic board, and install that upper grill block off. (Who sells that here?) - I think they are all custom jobs. Not aware of anyone selling grill blocks. You could be the first :)

Also need to do my trip switches. (also need user for that, lol) - Randall (Highwater). http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/buy-sell-insight-related-items/21482-dash-reset-button-upgrade-gen1.html

Any suggestions on what plastic board to buy? - Some have used Corrugated plastic/ Coroplast (campaign signs). Or some other recyclable. Aluminum is pretty expensive. Some have used clear plexiglass ( looks cool, until dirty, & scratched)

Sorry for all the questions. - No problem; that's what the forum is for.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How much does the plastic cost? I think I'm missing panels but can't yet confirm it. When I open the hood, I can see the road beneath the engine.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INSIGHT&catcgry2=2000&catcgry3=3DR+DX+(A/C)&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+FENDERS

Parts 12 and 17 are the plastic parts... so about $100.

Plus another $91 if you're missing the front aluminum plate (part number 9).

Plus shipping. And handling. And fasteners.

Or just buy Scott's one piece aluminum cover that replaces all three parts and is way nicer (tougher, covers more, and has better aero) and comes with all the fasteners shipped for $113.

That's the route I went, his panel is a heck of a deal for what you get.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/buy-sell-insight-related-items/44865-1gen-insight-aluminum-belly-panel-9.html

1 - 20 of 123 Posts