Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I had posted this but didn't see it. Anyway after working under my drivers side dash the SRS light is on. Since it was noticed after I worked under the dash I assume I caused it. Does anyone know the color of the SRS wire or where it travels in this section of the car. Thanks, Rick

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,
Thanks, I'll have to check but I believe I have a bright yellow wire running into the fuse panel but I think it is jumpered off another circuit which doesn't make sense for the SRS (My cruise control might use a bright yellow wire as well). I'll take a look and see what I find. Hopefully I will get the light to go out without deploying the air bag. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
All standard disclaimers apply here of course. The few times I even came near the air bags (replaced the steering wheel) I disconnected the 12 volt battery for 15 min before I touched anything. Even then enough of a static discharge can theoretically set one off accidentally. I got out my grounding wrist strap I use when working on computers, hooked it in to a wall ground outlet and had my bare foot on the ground outside the car just to make sure everything was peachy.

If you disconnect the airbag and turn the key on you'll immediately get a SRS light that won't go out until it's plugged in to proper diagnosis equipment and reset. You might be able to get the car to flash the code, not sure if the SRS system does that or not.

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like you pulled on something hard enough for the SRS wires/harness to get pulled apart. You can figure out what the cable colors/size is if you investigate the Passenger Airbag. Can't miss it... just take the Glove Box off and its all there.

My Passenger Airbag 'Adventures' listed here for what it is worth.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... ger+airbag

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips, Just need to set the time aside to trace it out now. Will diconnect before messing with the wires. Have fun, Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts