Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their SRS light turn on? I realize this indicates that there is something wrong with the cars air bags (I'm hoping that is the only thing that's wrong and not the seat belts).

Anyway, if anyone has had it turn on and then taken to the dealer or a 3rd party repair shop, what did it cost you?

I'm trying to decide if its even worth fixing. I'm happy with just having seat belts.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ouch, hopefully it's just a fault of some type that can be reset. You need to have the code read to see what it is to know for sure. If it's an airbag unfortunately they are rather pricey. I would get it checked out, any shop with a scanner should be able to read it as it shouldn't be a specialty code. This is something you might not want to undertake on your own unless you know what your doing. Airbags are afterall explosives.

The only other thing I can think of is I think Honda's use a special tool to reset the SRS light, a independent shop probably wouldn't have this unless they specialize in this sort of thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just received some re-call notice. So I'll plan to take the car in for this some time this week and I'll ask someone at the dealer and see what happens.

·
Registered
476 Posts
not really a problem

I have the light on too. The dealer checked it and said the error says something about measured resistance, but it doesn't tell them anything and doesn't affect anything. At 180,000 miles, I just decided to live with it unless something else manifests.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts