Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the Insighters on the Honda hybrid group is putting together a group buy for stainless Dzus spat fasteners. If anyone on this board is interested, you're welcome to place an order.

Contact Sheafe Ewing at: sheafe.ewing at astound.net
You will need to replacet the at with @

Send Sheafe an email with ALL of your contact info if you interested in ordering.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ss spat fasteners

hi ext1jdh,

the spats are the things that cover the rear wheel wells - a few decades ago (or more) we called them fender skirts. The spat fasteners are Dzus fasteners that rust. I don't know why Honda chose these for that application - sort of low tech for a hi tech car.

Some people have had a problem losing a spat, or just having one come loose because one of the fasteners wasn't installed correctly. Although I haven't had that problem, I just don't like the rusty ones that came with the car.

I think the stock fasteners are about $17.00 from the dealer, a little cheaper on line, but still pricey. The spats themselves are quite expensive if you happen to lose or damage one. The stainless steel fasteners are nice, and a lot cheaper with a group buy price.

Hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has Honda changed the Spat fastener material? I have a 2003, and if the problem still exists would like to get in on this group buy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Spat fasteners

I would be interested. Mine shows no sign of rust, but I did lose one in the grass while washing the car. $9-$11 from the web sites is still rediculous for just a screw. Right now, I ran a wire through the hole. It's not that noticeable unless you really look.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ss spat fasteners

Hi,

to get in on the group buy, you need to contact Sheafe at the email address in the first post in this thread. Send him ALL your contact info. At this point I think he is just getting buyers lined up.

Thanks,

·
Registered
166 Posts
Re: Spat fasteners

miecz said:
I would be interested. Mine shows no sign of rust, but I did lose one in the grass while washing the car. $9-$11 from the web sites is still rediculous for just a screw. Right now, I ran a wire through the hole. It's not that noticeable unless you really look.
HaHa I did the exact same thing. I used a zip tie.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stainless steel skirt screws

So, did anyone ever find a place to buy the stainless steel screws? I just bought an 05 and want to install some while I still have my skirts.

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Read the first post of the thread ;)

They are available. But require a bulk order, hence the group buy. Sheafe is a respected Insighter that frequents one of the Yahoo Insight boards. If he's still (read the post date too ;) ) got any extra he'll likely be glad to sell them to you. eMail via the contact information in the first post :)

FWIW my Insight and most others only have the factory skirt retainers. The stainless are better, won't rust like the factory and are _easier_ to positively lock "on".

HTH! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts