Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer Mouse went to Honda of Seattle for its 30k minus oil change which included changing out the transmission fluid.

After then, the pickup from a stop seemed sluggish. In the summer I attributed it to riding my motorcycle more than driving the car, but the behavior still seemed milquetoast after I was driving more this winter. This fall there was a new factor: a bit of a shudder coming out of idle-stop and a distinctive vibration felt through the wheel when the assist bars lit up.

Took it to my regular dealer in Bellevue who carried out S/B 07-049 even though I don't have the primary symptom: a "Check Engine" light. They burnished the starter clutch which took care of the shuddering problem and the car seems to have better pickup (which could be the fresh oil).

Anyway, thought I'd share with the group. Mouse is unusual in that it sees light use for a hybrid, so service bulletins may not manifest in usual manners.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I recently had the same problem with my 02. I brought it to dealer after receiving notice from Honda of potential "judder/vibration" problems with CVT's. They ended up doing the same S/B o7-049 flushing and filling transmission 3 times. Car seems much better afterwards. I hope it doesn't become a continuing problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts