Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago my car got vandalized. It took a while for the insurance company to mosey through their paperwork, so the car was in my garage for a while. During that time, I installed an aftermarket deck.

When I finally drove the car to the body shop, I had my first-ever recal. I attributed this to having the interior lights on while installing the deck, but maybe it was just coincidence.

Anyways, since I've gotten the car back from the body shop the car has been quite stingy with assist. My battery pack is sitting near full pretty much all the time. At first I thought maybe it was erroneously thinking it was full, in some way related to the recal, but now I see that it's because I'm getting very little assist.

I don't seem to get any assist at all in first gear, and can only get partial assist in other gears, even with the pedal to the floor. I don't like this because performance is somewhat sub-par now and I think that the mileage may be suffering somewhat as a consequence of using more gas to acceleratHas anyone had a problem like this before, or have a suggestion as to how one might go about fixing it?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Foxpaw, read this thread I started and see if it is the same problem:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1893

Mine also happened after an extended period of not driving the car. It has happened once again after only a few days of not driving it. Both times, it went away after resetting the MCM procedure, but I have had a couple of recals in the past week after the last time....

·
Registered
700 Posts
Let us know if it works for you. What year/transmission is yours?

I wonder if others who have stored their cars have seen this happen, since it is apparently not isolated.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, that didn't seem to work. Not that resetting the MCM didn't fix the problem, but rather that pulling fuse 18 didn't seem to reset the MCM. The BCM did not appear to start up with the fuse out, but when I replaced it, it had retained it's SoC, which suggests no reset took place :(

I have a 2000, with manual transmission.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Hmm...

It reset for me. You don't need to try to start it with the fuse out, just leave it out for about 10s then put it back. Sure you got the right fuse?

If you disconnect the 12v (neg cable), it will do the same. You will need to re-do you radio after this, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts