Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been covered before, but after doing a few quick searches I thought it might be easier just to ask.

I'm planning on replacing the stock radio with an aftermarket unit (as well as the speakers but I figured that out already). Is there a guide, preferably with photographs that anyone could recommend?

I'm comfortable with the electronic end of the upgrade, but I don't know how to pull the dash apart in a way that it could be put back together again :) The last car I installed a stereo in was a 1970-something Pontiac Grandville Convertable so I'm a bit lost.

Thanks!

·
Registered
408 Posts
That how-to was what prompted me to replace my stereo as well. I used the exact same model headunit as I love its look with the Insight.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I recently upgraded my stereo system. Have a Panasonic CQ-C7412U head unit, MB Quartz speakers in the door, 10.5" Kicker Sub woofer, in the storage bay, 400 watt Kicker amp under one seat and a 2 channel 250 watt Thunder amp under the other seat. System rocks. Had it professionally installed, since I have about $1500 invested. It took about 5 1/2 hrs to install. Am very happy.

·
Registered
303 Posts
merigayle said:
This just helped my husband install my brand new Alpine stereo- gotta listen to my iPod in my lil space pod :)
Thanks for having all that great info on line for us
Echo. I have four Eclipse speakers and an Alpine with an iPod jack.

Most expensive stereo I've ever owned.

:badgrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts