Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
309 Posts
I only wish I could drive fast in Seattle. See the thing with Seattle traffic is that there are too many morons who drive slow in all lanes. It's very, very, very, very, very, very annoying to be in what is supposed to be the fast lane and you are only going 50mph. We have way too much right lane passing and it's just an overall nightmare to drive here. This is one of the major reasons I take my Insight to the race track. You get a nice controlled environment to speed like hell and everyone has the same rules. 8)

Now, if only we could get speed designated lanes everything would be allright. :wink:

· Registered
309 Posts
I would be concerned that not only might such a readout increase one’s chances of getting hit from behind (see previous posts) but also increase the chance that you would be blamed for it.
You could always have a proximity sensor wired into the LED display to flash "Back Off" when tailgaters get to close. I don't think having an LED screen in the back window would lead to an accident with other vehicles. The led would be highly visable and there would be no need for the following vehicle to tailgate you to read it.

Not sure about Cali but in Wash state if someone hits you from behind it is generally assumed to be 99% their fault. the visual distraction would be the same as a bumpersticker and those aren't outlawed. :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.