Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
250 Posts
Y’know how every once in a while you have one of those drives when everything goes smoothly, people merge politely, slow people get out of the way, fast drivers do so responsibly, you notice people reacting to situations farther up ahead than normal and it seems like everyone around you is a professional driver? Yeah well they don’t happen to me that often either, but they do happen sometimes and when they do I notice it and savor it and tell people about it when I get home. :wink:

I think it mostly comes down to awareness. Not just of your immediate driving environment but also of yourself. It is very hard to know what all people think of us all of the time because our desires are so diverse. The self image someone has when driving down the road in Import Luxury Car model SeX may be one of power and prestige, 8) but to someone else they may appear to be just another self centered egotistical jerk. :evil:

Stereotyping drivers by their ride may be a natural tendency but it does everyone a disservice (including you). Why get your blood pressure up just because you see another one of “those” cars? You don’t have to read far in this forum before you realize how different most of the contributors are from each other. If Insight drivers can’t be stereotyped then who can? I think it is much more important to notice how aware drivers are rather than how fast they are going. There can be a big difference between driving slowly and blocking traffic.

· Registered
250 Posts
Hi speed- I love your rear LED MPG readout idea. But, out here in Cal. we have a plentiful supply of attorneys and folks that do not like to take responsibility for themselves. The combination lends itself to liability paranoia. I would be concerned that not only might such a readout increase one’s chances of getting hit from behind (see previous posts) but also increase the chance that you would be blamed for it. :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.