Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I read in these threads are guys driving 50 mph with everyone and their grandmother passing them on the highway... my God people, MPG is not everything....

I love my insight but I get no respect in it cause of all the slow insight drivers out there.... that is until they see my 3cylinder engine fly past them @ 90 mph on the highway... even uphill!

What I'm trying to say is, don't let people think we're weak, then they cut us off, try to run us off the road with the big fat SUV's etc.. I Say don't let it happen!! Show them who's boss even if it means a 10-15MPG loss, you'll get to work faster and you'll smile more offten too :)

Sorry for the rant and thank you for your time :D

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You know I'll be honest... I used to be prejudiced against smaller/underpowered cars too. I used to drive a toyota supra turbo... very quick, no one dared to try and get in front of me, speed ahead of me, cut me off, etc. I felt like I was king of the road.

But in this insight it's TOTALLY different... I feel like a court jester :p I noticed everyone's mindset and behavioral changes on the road immediately. People assume I drive at a snail's pace... then I see other hybrid drivers driving so slow and it just feeds the stereotype.

That's what I mean about respect, not that I care about what other people think about me on the road or anything, just that they dont' assume they can bully me off the road :) In LA there are tons of SUV's and high end german cars, so people see the hybrid and assume its a lightweight contender they have no problem beating up :)

I just wish some automakers made some high end hybrids to dispell the myth that hybrid = underpowered... but rather make people realize hybrid = efficiency.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.