Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Saturday, polished the car, all looking nice & shiney, go to move her back onto the drive & nothing....dead.

Try again, every warning light on the dash is flashing at me & the dash goes dim-bright-dim-bright-dim etc....still no start, can hear the relays in the back ticking overtime.

Jumped the old girl from my wifes car & no problems, bursts into lifem although the auto up on the windows now does not work.

On Sunday, got in, drove off, magic, auto up/down works!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing my 12v battery is on the way out, whats the rating of it, what have you guys used in its's place?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mark,
While you were polishing the car did you leave the doors open and/or have the sound system on? If so and your 12volt is dodgy then the extra draw could reveal its on its way out where normally it may not show.
DGate

·
Registered
466 Posts
you have auto UP!?!? I WANT THAT!!!

and get your battery tested after a nice, slow full charge.

andy g.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mark Elvin said:
On Saturday, polished the car, all looking nice & shiney, go to move her back onto the drive & nothing....dead.

Try again, every warning light on the dash is flashing at me & the dash goes dim-bright-dim-bright-dim etc....still no start, can hear the relays in the back ticking overtime.

Jumped the old girl from my wifes car & no problems, bursts into lifem although the auto up on the windows now does not work.

On Sunday, got in, drove off, magic, auto up/down works!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing my 12v battery is on the way out, whats the rating of it, what have you guys used in its's place?
Mark - that's interesting! The window auto up has never worked on my car! :D

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
UK and Japanese Insights have auto-up on the drivers window; not installed on the USA Insights presumably to prevent unwanted litigation!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts