Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Finally, I applied lithium grease to the length of the metal rails, wherever the nylon part of the window carrier tracked. You can see the far right tracks on an inverted T-rail. I cleaned the old stuff off first.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Finally finally, although my window was not in the fully up position, I think if it had been, there might still have been enough play after taking out all the regulator bolts to move the assembly down to get access to the first bolt.

Also, I had occasion to have to pull the window from a Toyota SUV a few weeks ago, and the Insight window felt like it was about half as thick. Makes sense, but be Extra Very Careful handling it. (Don't be a 3 Stooges and walk through a doorway with it sideways. Wouldn't that just suck to have the motor fixed and nothing to raise?)

Oh, and time? Well, let's see. I did it over a couple of days as I had to run to buy the ratchet wrench and so on, but I really don't think I had six hours in it from taking it apart to back together. Conservatively, eight, but I'm a plodder. I plod a lot.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Eesh. At the rate this is going I almost wish I could just convert to manual windows.
Yeah, like this. I'll just say that it took me eight months to do the research and screw up the courage to tackle the project, but I am glad to have a working window now.

More Hazard Fraught coupons here.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts