Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to the world of the Honda Insight but I have one question about the car. This is a 2006 MT with less then 1000 miles on it. Most days that I take the car out for the first time (cold start) the engine seems to stumble or hesitate for an instant and then run fine. This almost always occurs about one mile into the trip. To get to the highway, I drive at 30 mph (usually 4th gear) for two miles. At about 1 mile, the stumble occurs (usually one time, sometimes twice). Watching the FCD shows a momentary drop in fuel economy during the stumble and then a return to the same level it was before the stumble. Doesn't seem to be the EGR problem noted on the forums. Is this just the transition to lean burn or something more sinister? After the engine is warm this problem doesn't return. Anybody else notice this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I too have a 2006 MT and posted this question:
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... highlight=

I hadn't really noticed a relationship between distance and the engine dropout, but maybe you have something there. I now have about 2800 miles on my car, and it seems as if the dropouts don't happen as often. They do seem to come in "clusters". None for a while then days where they happen at least once.

Frank.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The little pauses or hiccups seem to come upon my 06 MT on occassion.
The funny thing is...it usually happens around the same place in my commute.
My old car, finally gone, bless the old thing, also would hiccup at these same spots.
Call me crazy, but it has occurred to me that there are maybe some sort of underground lines crossing beneath the road at these points that somehow affect the electrical system of the car. Could this be possible???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies (and the link). I asked the dealer's service department if they had ever heard of a problem like this and got the "deer in the headlights" stare. I think it is happening when the engine reaches a high enough coolant temperture to allow lean burn for the first time and the momentary loss of power might be the first transistion into that mode. Doesn't really bother anything and as it isn't changing it might be normal. Other then that, the car has been great---and this forum a great source of information.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been getting the herky-jerkies since around 300 miles, and I'm at 1000 now. Hopefully they'll go away with time...

G

·
0 Posts
jerkiness

This happens to me too, on my '06 MT. I always notice it at the same point in my trip as well. Good to know that others seem to have this happen, I don't feel so much like my car has a problem now. I have no clue what causes it. It does seem to happen more when the engine hasn't been running for long... usually the first few miles of my daily commute but I have had it occur when the engine has been running for about an hour.

-JRH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts