Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. I have a 2000 MT with 100K miles. I've had it for 6 months, bought from original owner that always had it serviced at dealership. It has a new Honda battery. It stutters on the freeway. It used to jerk around and so I replaced the EGR valve. I put in the correct plugs. I've run gas treatment. But still it stutters when I'm trying to keep it in the mid range of mileage....say 75MPG to 100MPG, when I'm pushing it but not letting it go completely out of semi-lean burn. I get good mileage, I commute the same path everyday on the freeway up and over the mountains and I get 68 MPG. The stuttering drives me crazy. Help, please.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i had a similar issue as a result of the dealer putting in too much oil, about an extra quart.
good luck

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Greetings. I have a 2000 MT with 100K miles. I've had it for 6 months, bought from original owner that always had it serviced at dealership. It has a new Honda battery. It stutters on the freeway. It used to jerk around and so I replaced the EGR valve. I put in the correct plugs. I've run gas treatment. But still it stutters when I'm trying to keep it in the mid range of mileage....say 75MPG to 100MPG, when I'm pushing it but not letting it go completely out of semi-lean burn. I get good mileage, I commute the same path everyday on the freeway up and over the mountains and I get 68 MPG. The stuttering drives me crazy. Help, please.
Yep, got a touch of this symptom myself at only 78K miles. Did actions you did and still have a slight touch of it.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone, I'll dig into this further, I have about 105K miles and add 50 everyday, I'll get all of the tools and supplies in place and check the EGR plate and update this thread with the results and photos.

I appreciate the attention and assistance.

Ciao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts