Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Insight 2002: Manual (with A/C). Owned since 9/2002

For about 48 hours now, my Insight has driven with just 3 bars on the battery meter. I've driven to work (20 miles, mostly downhill) and home (20 miles, mostly uphill) and it hasn't moved. I get the green and red indicators showing that I'm charging or using the battery but no luck. I'm in Phoenix so the A/C is running (on econ mode set at 75 degrees) quite a bit but I normally can go from empty to nearly a full charge on the drive to work each morning but didn't get a budge today.

Is there something obvious I'm missing or is it time for a trip to Honda?

Ken

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Works again

Seems to have fixed itself after the third day. Tried the headlight trick on the way to work on day 3 but didn't really charge too much. Then, on the way home, it started going up, up, and up again and by the time I got to work on day 4, I had a full charge and everything was behaving "normally."

I'll of course keep an eye on it but thanks for all the suggestions and offers to help out!

Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.