Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Here's what my auto trader ad read, mind you this was in March of 03.

2000 Honda Insight, silver, 5 spd, gas/elec hybrid, ac, ps, pb, pw, pdl, p/mirrors, 33k mi, new car warranty still in effect, very clean, non smoker, gets 70 mpg, $11,900 623-XXX-XXXX

Translation:

2000 Honda Insight, silver, 5 speed manual, gasoline electric hybrid, air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, power windows, power door locks, power mirrors, 33,000 miles, new car warranty still in effect, very clean (I personally detailed it), never smoked in (well a smoker may have sat in it, could barely detect the smell, but an ozone shock treatment took care of that :D ), gets 70 mpg, $11,900 (this is what I'd really like to get for it, but I'm negotiable on this price), phone number.

And the best part about that one was the first time they did the ad they goofed and the picture got lost. So I went down to their office calm, yet not happy they messed up my picture. When I left the next week I was to have the large ad for free. Ironic part was I sold it the next day with no picture in the auto trader.

If you try eBay include as much interesting information and pictures as possible. Your basic ad's tend to not generate as much interest as a nicely layed out one. The one Cakley did comes to mind having a whole explaination of how the IMA worked with images and everything. This would at least tend to attract attention to an uninformed buyer.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Congrats on the quick sale. There's nothing worse than having a car for sale for a long period of time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.