Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Away on vacation. Chincoteague, slow pace and kicked back, just my speed.

A couple pics:

- Wild untamed horse power. (pony power)

- Gone fishin'

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Wow, the life of a retiree? Let me know if you decide to hit VA Beach.

Its about 100 degrees here with 100% humidity, nice weather for staying indoors with the ac on. :evil:

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little more

- A line of traffic.

- Pusle &

- Glide

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another kind of :

- Pulse (get towed, not me in the seat)

- (ready to go, me in the upper harness)

- & glide

(question for the tech savy: what do I need to play/view the disc media from a 300 series go-pro ? pilot says he filmed at 4k speed ??? my dinosaur computer freezes after a minute or so of viewing the discs.)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,882 Posts
Looks like a great time. Don't forget to have a big plate of their famous oysters:D

·
3,641 Posts
Very cool!!!

The famous Chincoteague Ponies - available at auction every year.

@ Cobb, Bob's only retired from officially defending democracy. He is now running a power plant full time as second career. If you guys have a chance to get the tour from him, guarantee you'll walk away thoroughly impressed like John O and I did. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your vaca with your son too and the Lighthouse B&B at Sharps Point on the back half. (Way to sneak in a little "Insight meet up" with Bill BTW ;)

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a great time. Don't forget to have a big plate of their famous oysters:D
Have had several plates of various seawater delights ! :)

After gliding, the pilot recommended the 'Island House' restaurant in Wachapreague VA off rte 13. Owned by a retired Navy Seal. Best crab bisque soup I've ever had. Beautiful setting overlooking the water. :D

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Very cool!!!

The famous Chincoteague Ponies - available at auction every year.

@ Cobb, Bob's only retired from officially defending democracy. He is now running a power plant full time as second career. If you guys have a chance to get the tour from him, guarantee you'll walk away thoroughly impressed like John O and I did. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your vaca with your son too and the Lighthouse B&B at Sharps Point on the back half. (Way to sneak in a little "Insight meet up" with Bill BTW ;)
Yep, ponies (younger ones) available for purchase (at very reasonable prices) and transport to your wide open acres. It's how they manage herd population. Arrangements can be made to keep your purchase on the island for the rest of its' days without further risk of being sold.

Looking fwd to chatting with Bill & Janice at the B&B. Already being reminded, "no car talk" ;)

The plant encourages visits. Just need a heads up so rotating shift schedule and travel plans can be matched up.

Below:

- sunrise and solitude. better than open road in an Insight. :)

- an 'old rugged cross' ?

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A boat ride today with a few stops.

- Oysters dug up & shucked on the spot (quite tasty too)
- Blue crabs just hauled up
- can't be had any fresher

- What a way to end a great day, evening delight

Attachments

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rocket speed

Morning launch of a research (sounding) rocket from Wallops Island. Rapid acceleration is an understatement.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Have had several plates of various seawater delights ! :)

After gliding, the pilot recommended the 'Island House' restaurant in Wachapreague VA off rte 13. Owned by a retired Navy Seal. Best crab bisque soup I've ever had. Beautiful setting overlooking the water. :D
''Best crab bisque soup I've ever had''

YUM

I've been itching for a road trip. Have fun Bob!

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Never understood oysters. Looks to me like someone took a sea shell and blew their nose in it. Maybe if you find a nice pearl it would make your day? :)

110 with no humidity? Yeah, I visited Tx for a week. It was over 100, but you didnt sweat much. :-?

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A new friend stopped by to give me advice on pulse & glide.
(picture taken on wife's phone, then image on phone photographed-haven't figured out how to get pics from phone to computer-yep, I'm still a dinosaur)

I might need a blood transfusion, the mosquitos are voracious.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Thats cute. Ive been rather busy picking tomatoes, jalapenos and cucumbers. :evil: My cantaloupe vine wants to jump the fence and visit our neighbor. Still dont see any round brown things. :confused:

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
While visiting my son in Va Beach, stopped by to visit the Big & Bad Wisky #64 (USS Wisconsin BB64) one of the finest battleships to sail the seas.

- She's docked next to the museum Nauticus in Norfolk, VA
- big guns
- 'Home coming' statue

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Wow.... Sadly I had 2 parents who got invited with family to the new boats and the big boats at dock. Sadly I dont remember much as a kid back then. Id love to see the inside of one of those military boats as well as a sub.

I should of gave you my old address to see where I use to live. I try to look on google maps, but it is not updated. I hear the new owner was a local farmer and logged/ bulldozed the 13 acres and home and made it a peanut field.

·
3,641 Posts
While visiting my son in Va Beach, stopped by to visit the Big & Bad Wisky #64 (USS Wisconsin BB64) one of the finest battleships to sail the seas.

- She's docked next to the museum Nauticus in Norfolk, VA
- big guns
- 'Home coming' statue
Very Cool! I was just on the WISCONSIN a week or so ago!

Still heading to Bill's place in Annapolis?

Let me know if your return trip takes you by my place and you guys are up for dinner in, or dinner out.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I should of gave you my old address to see where I use to live. I try to look on google maps, but it is not updated. I hear the new owner was a local farmer and logged/ bulldozed the 13 acres and home and made it a peanut field.
pm it to me. Next time we're down that way I'll drive by and get a photo.
Very Cool! I was just on the WISCONSIN a week or so ago!

Still heading to Bill's place in Annapolis? No, had to cancel that plan. My son's duty rotation changed and we stayed at his place a little longer.

Let me know if your return trip takes you by my place and you guys are up for dinner in, or dinner out.
Ended up short on time since staying extra with our son, back at work now. Time to get ready for the trip to Sauk City :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts