Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Honda Insight. My friend commented that he noticed the dash was giving a glare after telling him about my accident two days ago. I am wondering if any other insight owners are getting bad blinding sun glare. I was completely blinded the other day and got into an accident because of it. it has happened many times before the accident but I got lucky and nothing happened. I was wondering if any one had this issue and how they solved it. As i never had this issue with any other car I had owned. Was thinking of polarized sunglasses or possible a carpet thingie on dash board. Wondering what will work as they both will cost some money.

Very grateful for any thoughts or suggestions as I am a bit freaked out now. And I live on twisty country roads where glare can come at the worst time. Thanks in advance...

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
I have a 2011 Honda Insight. My friend commented that he noticed the dash was giving a glare after telling him about my accident two days ago. I am wondering if any other insight owners are getting bad blinding sun glare. I was completely blinded the other day and got into an accident because of it. it has happened many times before the accident but I got lucky and nothing happened. I was wondering if any one had this issue and how they solved it. As i never had this issue with any other car I had owned. Was thinking of polarized sunglasses or possible a carpet thingie on dash board. Wondering what will work as they both will cost some money.

Very grateful for any thoughts or suggestions as I am a bit freaked out now. And I live on twisty country roads where glare can come at the worst time. Thanks in advance...
Hopefully no injuries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's that miserable time of year for commuters, especially if you live west of where you work. You get the sun in your eyes both directions. What makes it worse is that film/haze the forms inside the windshield. When the sun rays hit it, the whole thing lights up in a glare. I use polarized sunglasses, and it helps a little (but not much).

You really have to keep up with cleaning the inside of the glass. Use whatever window cleaner you typically use (or a 50/50 vinegar & water mix), but try crumpled-up newspaper instead of paper towels. Make sure it's newspaper where the ink doesn't come off on your fingers.

...oops...this was about the DASH...Armor-All, and perhaps some others make a low-gloss/satin finish formula which may help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts