Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find the mirror in the drivers sun visor REALLY annoying?

I have a RHD Insight & it drives me nuts!!!

Anyone got a LHD car they want to swap sunvisors on?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sun Visor

Hi Mark,
I remember, some time ago, someone wishing to get mirrored right side sun visors from Japan for Insights sold here in the states.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=1881 Although I'm going to leave mine be for now it sounds like we've both found a source for sun visors. http://www.slhondaparts.com/ This may be your source in the states, can you get one for us in the UK? Mark, the honda part number I found for the right side sun visor without the mirror is 83230-S3Y-A01ZB, $24.80.
Jack

·
Registered
364 Posts
UK Parts

Hi All,
This may work for now. I called the number, was answered by a honda dealer in Shepton Mallet, UK, was transferred to their parts dept. The dealer is Shepton Mallot Honda, their phone number to dial direct is;
011 44 1 749 344422, you just dial the number, no prompts. Ask for the parts dept. I believe their about 5 hours ahead of EST, so 8am where I am in Venice, FL would be about 1pm there (-1hr/DST). Jack

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Did the UK dealer agree to send you a visor?? Unusually helpful of them if they did...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sun Visor

Hi Citrus,
Will be calling them this morning for part numbers, their parts guy is named Peter. I'll ask if they will ship and if so what's entailed. I'm thinking that if we get the part number we can order from our local dealer, will find out today. Also should be putting finishing touches on a exhaust kit so will be busy. I'll get part numbers for both sides. Jack

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here goes,
The part numbers for the sunvisors in the states are;
Left side, 83280-S3Y-A01ZB
Right side, 83230-S3Y-A01ZB
In the UK they are;
Left side, 83280-S3Y-E01ZA
Right side, 83230-S3Y-E01ZA
They will ask management if they will be allowed to ship over seas. They shared that if you just order the part number(s) you wish from your local dealer you'll probly get them, no problem. They do this themselves. I'll order one and see what happens. Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts