Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on another trip this weekend, the mpg and trip odometer reset by itself this has happed before. Has anyone else experenced this?
Rick

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
From memory, I am sure there is a mileage limitation, such as 999 miles, before the tripometer starts over again. No doubt someone else can be more certain.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi RickM and The Silver Streaker:

___I don’t own an Insight yet but I thought I had read just last week that it was 2000 miles before an automatic trip reset. A search brought me back to this thread: Reset LMPG tally?.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2cmc5cte][email protected][/email:2cmc5cte]

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,924 Posts
The FCD portion will only go to 2,000 miles then starts over at 0, but the mpg will still keep tabulating. This is the one I use on my cross country trips. Don;t know about "A" or "B". I alternate between them on fill ups.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Both Trip A and Trip B do the same as the FCD, they reset after 1,999 miles back to zero, but the mpg does continue to keep track until reset manually. I confirmed this on a recent trip, when I knew the Trip A odo was about to roll over at 2,000 miles I watched and indeed the mpg continued the same at the rollover point. Later in the trip I confirmed the same fact for the Trip B odo. I tend to use my Trip A odo for mileage on a particular day, Trip B for my entire trip, and reset the FCD at every tank fillup when I'm taking a long trip.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was the FCD and it was at around 150 to 200 miles into the trip. The mpg also reset. This is the second time it has happened.

·
Registered
82 Posts
RickM said:
This was the FCD and it was at around 150 to 200 miles into the trip. The mpg also reset. This is the second time it has happened.
Could be a short in the fcd button...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts