Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm expecting this to be a matter of very small interest, but I will be building custom suspension for my Insight to better suit my driving style.

This will include adapting adjustable shocks to fit, adjustable ride height spring purchases, playing with front and rear spring rate until I find something that I like, and finally playing with anti-sway bars and/or chasis braces as needed.

Once I fiddle around until I find something that puts a smile on my face to drive, I'm tossing the idea around of having a very small run of the required custom parts made.

I'm not going to let this be a bussiness thing, and I'm not looking to profit. It would essentially be something like actual cost +10% for my hassle.

Would anyone be interested in something like this?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Mike fitted air springs to his, Guillermo fitted sway bars, Other members have fitted custom springs or springs form other car models. You may find some good ideas right here by checking others posts. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did you eventually fitted a customized suspension????

I am planing on going with air front and back; any draw backs ???

·
Registered
539 Posts
I am definitely interested in upgrading the suspension on this car, it needs it for the roadways around here.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Guillermo, which sway bars did you use, and did they help handling much off track?

frank

·
Registered
105 Posts
liveforphysics got run from this forum a while back for suggesting that modifications to the engine might be worthwhile. :shock: You might try emailing him, or personal messaging, or you might try him on the 99mpg forum, since he sail he might look in there from time to time.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Actually Liveforphysics just took off after a heated debate that had little to do with actual modifications. The moderator involved also left at that time. Nuf said. ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
I don't understand.

what are you saying, exactly?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
budomove said:
Guillermo, which sway bars did you use, and did they help handling much off track?

frank
All the information about the rear anti sway bar I added to my Insight a few years ago can be found here:
http://www.insightracing.ca/2005/06/rear-sway-bar-installed-on-insight-it-works.html
It reduced overall body roll noticeably and greatly reduced understeer by increasing the weight transfer to both front tires when turning.
I removed it every winter for safety, because oversteering on snow and ice can be risky on the street.
When I bought a weekend only track civic to replace my daily driver Insight for autoslalom and track time trials, I stopped using the rear anti-sway bar on the Insight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts