Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two stories to share - first, the other night I was being followed very closely by a car with those annoyingly bright XENON (or something) bulbs. Anyway, I started to get pretty mad, then the guy accelerated (still in my lane) and zipped to my right. I look over with a grimace and the guy just gives me a "thumbs up". So, I waved and moved on. Guess he just wanted a closer look at this amazing car.

In a related story, I witnessed an accident and was pulled over in the right lane of a two lane road, waiting for police to show up. A rubber-necker was (I'm assuming now) admiring my car and rear ended a stopped car ahead. I guess it could happen to anyone not paying attention, but you have to admit, the space age look of this car turns heads!

-Ron

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ha! I mean, if no one was hurt, that is.

There has been a rash of whiplash/neck strain in my area since I began driving my Insight in Jan of this year on my commute.

The victims are nearly always the passenger in a pickup, and they are injured as the truck passes me at 10-15 mph over the speed limit and they follow my car with their gaze as far as they can until they realize they have gone a little too far.

Oh yeah, they are always wearing a baseball cap. I don't know how that contributes to the injury.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Better them than you...

Of course, you're familiar with what My Beloved and I call the "Insight Pass..."

A vehicle passes you at a pretty good clip, then slows down (no brakes, trying to look cool) until even or even slightly behind the Insight... then after (a) admiring glances and a wave or (b) studied too-cool-to-look disinterest, pulling away at previous speed. :lol:

If it's happened to us once, it's happened thousands of times... :wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh, the insanity! :shock:

That rubbernecking incident is like something out of some crazy cartoon. What a scene that would make for a comedy TV show. :lol:

Luna

·
Registered
804 Posts
I had questions back in 2001 when my car was new, but it rarely happens these days. I do get more people at work or in the parking lot asking questions however.

Last week on HWY 190 (Bush Tollway), I did go along a blue Insight. Gently passed so they could see http://www.insightcentral.net, but did not seem interested.

·
Registered
200 Posts
ron said:
In a related story, I witnessed an accident and was pulled over in the right lane of a two lane road, waiting for police to show up. A rubber-necker was (I'm assuming now) admiring my car and rear ended a stopped car ahead. I guess it could happen to anyone not paying attention, but you have to admit, the space age look of this car turns heads!

-Ron
Something like this happened to me two summers ago. I was in the right lane on a local road. I was only travelling a short distance and a car was shadowing me for the most of the distance. I had a slowed vehicle in my lane making a right turn and slowed down as well. The only problem was the guy shadowing me had three stopped vehicles in front of him and proceeded to plow right into the rear car as he sailed past me. He pushed the rear vehicle into a cable company service van which in turn was pushed into the front vehicle that was stopped in the left lane trying to make a left turn. I passed the rear vehicle just as it was hit and almost wet my pants from the noise and the thought that I would be collateral damage.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,960 Posts
Good Tailgaters

I've had numerous incidents with tailgaters since I've posted my "sign" on the rear of my LITTLE RED ROCKET.

The best one was on my latest trip to meet with "Rick" in S.C.

A Cadillac SUV tailgated me for a while at 75 miles per hour, then pulled next to me and blew his horn. When I looked over, the passenger was holding up a sign which read:

"20,000 miles at 10-12 miles per gallon
and $400.00 a month payment"

Of course I gave him the "thumbs up".
Apparently the "sign" is making them aware of their demise...HEE..HEE.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts