Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Tanabe DF210 lowering springs and my front tires started to wear on the inside edges. The rears wear on the inside too but not as much.

I bought one set of camber adjusting bolts, put them on the top, and adjusted the top all the way out. My new tires (195/55R-15 Kumho Ecsta PA31) started showing inside edge wear and some feathering.

I bought another set of camber bolts and put them in place of the lower bolts to move the bottom of the wheel inward. As I did this I noticed the toe went outward.

I adjusted the toe 3 full turns inward (made the rod longer / rear of the tire goes out) on each side. This adjustment either gave me neutral toe or slight toe in. The steering wheel is still straight and the car tracks straight on the highway.

Overall, I'm happy with the changes. The car takes corners well, gives a comfortable ride at recommended tire pressures, and tracks well at highway speeds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No exact numbers. I used a level for camber and a ruler for toe in. Not very exact, I know.

I also know that I can now get an alignment whereas prior the only adjustment was toe in.

I bought a thermometer to see if one side or the other is hotter.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good info, thanks!

Question: what rims (width and offset) are you using with these tires? Any clearance issues? Do you think there would be room for 205/55-15 tire without rubbing/rolling fenders?

I have Tanabe DF210 lowering springs and my front tires started to wear on the inside edges. The rears wear on the inside too but not as much.

I bought one set of camber adjusting bolts, put them on the top, and adjusted the top all the way out. My new tires (195/55R-15 Kumho Ecsta PA31) started showing inside edge wear and some feathering.

I bought another set of camber bolts and put them in place of the lower bolts to move the bottom of the wheel inward. As I did this I noticed the toe went outward.

I adjusted the toe 3 full turns inward (made the rod longer / rear of the tire goes out) on each side. This adjustment either gave me neutral toe or slight toe in. The steering wheel is still straight and the car tracks straight on the highway.

Overall, I'm happy with the changes. The car takes corners well, gives a comfortable ride at recommended tire pressures, and tracks well at highway speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts