Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I posted the same question earlier and I think I posted in the wrong part (Discussion part in stead of trouble shooting) I'm still getting used to the forum so please forgive me!

Now I've noticed my Lovely Red Gen two start to make a tapping/ rattle sound, it appears after the engine has warmed up.

Ive gone over the engine with a stethoscope and I'm pretty sure its coming from the top of the engine, so I'm assuming I'm due a valve adjustment.

I'm at 72,000 miles done the oil regularly, IMA is running fine and I'm getting consistently between 55-62 mpg (uk) on my daily commute.

The cars going in next week to the honda dealer for a service and cvt fluid change so will ask them to do an adjustment as well, just thought i'd check with greater experience of you guys on here.

I've made a couple of videos on the noise:

https://youtu.be/u63lUwVKtm0

I hope you guys can help and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a tappy tappet is a happy tappet

its mostly honda eco wizardry at work
:)

Do you reckon its sounding pretty normal, as a couple of guys I know have said its pretty loud, Ill probs still get them to check the valve lash when I take it in to get it serviced just in case, Its funny as the more miles I put on the car the better the MPG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Up89
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing