Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a template to put all 3 of the hatch decals on? ("Insight", "H", & "Hybrid")

I found them new at g1parts.com:
75701-S2H-000ZA
75723-S3Y-000ZA
75731-S3Y-A00

The previous owner took them all off and replaced them with 2 Apple decals! How awful right!?

Since my hatch is completely clean and has no residue I have no way of knowing exactly where they each go. I know the general location of each but I want it to look nice and clean like the factor.

Measurements or templates would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Would a picture help?

If it would help, I can take a couple pictures of the decals with a tape measure up to it for size. Let me know and I can do it in the morning.
Sarah

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sarah - Yes that would be very helpful! Thank you very much. No hurry though as they won't be in for a couple of days.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Mine were in bad shape so I replaced all three of mine at the same time, when you get them the two side stickers are on paper backing that is cut to fit the corners of the glass. You use that precut paper is a guide along the bottom edge and to the edge of the glass as a position template. The H in the middle also has backing paper that sits on the bottom edge of the glass as a guide and has a center reference point for centering. Line everything up and slowly work the decal from the bottom edge corners and you should be okay. Watch for air bubbles.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-1st-gen-discussion/19278-new-hatch-decals.html

·
7,019 Posts
I'm way behind. :( lol

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
They come with spacers in the decal backing. Just line up the notch with the edge of the hatch and peel. The center one requires you finding the exact left-right center of the hatch.

Does anyone have a template to put all 3 of the hatch decals on? ("Insight", "H", & "Hybrid")

I found them new at g1parts.com:
75701-S2H-000ZA
75723-S3Y-000ZA
75731-S3Y-A00

The previous owner took them all off and replaced them with 2 Apple decals! How awful right!?

Since my hatch is completely clean and has no residue I have no way of knowing exactly where they each go. I know the general location of each but I want it to look nice and clean like the factor.

Measurements or templates would be great! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!
I'll be glad to get those replaced back on the hatch. It just looks to blank without them.

I only have 1 Insight but that is all I need! Not 3 or 5 HaHa!

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These images are courtesy of Sarah "Eithieus".

All you have to do is click "go advanced" below the quick replay text field and then click manage attachments to upload images, documents, etc.

Thank you Sarah! These will be a lot of help.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts