Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Insight fans
I've been lurking on this board for the past few months, but I just registered a few days ago. I've had my eye on the Insight for my first car for at least the past year and a half. My need for a car right now is not immediate (I have a convenient vehicle-sharing situation), but I am saving up to buy a used Insight. Due to the many thousands of dollars of student loan debit I have (just out of college), I am determined to save up the cash in order to avoid taking out another loan (hence the need for a used car and the wait).

Still, I haven't driven one yet. I live in Winchester, VA, but go into DC almost every weekend. I know there are at least a few DC-area Insight owners out there- anyone want to show off their car to me and let me test drive it?

By the end of the summer I'm hoping to get a 2000 or 2001 5-speed (preferably silver, but I know beggars can't be choosers!).

I've enjoyed all the insight into the Insight on this forum! I look forward to even more.

Carrie

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd be more than willing to let you test drive mine. I live in Martinsburg, WV. Let me know when is a good time for you. I'm off this Monday and Tuesday, and Sundays are usually good for me. Any weeknight is probably OK too after 6:00 or so, although I don't like to drive to much after dark since I've hit three deer, and we have plenty in the area as I'm sure you already know. You can either contact me here, or click on the "email" icon at the bottom of this post and email me from there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought mine in DC at Brown Arlington Honda, it wasn't the greatest experience, but like you said "beggars can't be choosers"

My sister lives down there, if i go to visit her before summer, I will post and see if you have had any luck with people letting you test drive, if not You can certainly test drive mine...

·
Registered
44 Posts
bfivelover said:
I'd be more than willing to let you test drive mine. I live in Martinsburg, WV. Let me know when is a good time for you. I'm off this Monday and Tuesday, and Sundays are usually good for me. Any weeknight is probably OK too after 6:00 or so, although I don't like to drive to much after dark since I've hit three deer, and we have plenty in the area as I'm sure you already know. You can either contact me here, or click on the "email" icon at the bottom of this post and email me from there.
Have you hit any deer in the insight. There are so many deer arlound me, I know it is coming, and I can't imagine the damage it will do to the insight...

·
Registered
569 Posts
ivelostr2 said:
Have you hit any deer in the insight. There are so many deer arlound me, I know it is coming, and I can't imagine the damage it will do to the insight...
Three deer with the Insight. Two ran into the driver side at the exact same spot, the side view mirror, the other came from the side and all I saw was it's head in the headlight before I hit it. $850, $1500, and $1800 I believe were the approx damages, and one dead deer :cry: I think the car attracts deer :!: Don't know what a head-on with a deer would do and I don't want to find out. The car was driveable after each accident, just body damage. My nerves however were another story :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts