Honda Insight Forum banner

The battery meter staying fuller since it got drained?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ericbecky 
It is funny you should mention that. I got a chance to take our insight out on the open road today. The only driving it has seen is the girlfriend taking it to work and back which is a ~15 minute stop-and-go trip. Well, with afternoon temps near 100F, heat index of 115F, lets just say the AC is on full and the battery is heat soaked for the afternoon trip...so it offers little boost and doesn't take much charge.

So I hit the open highway today with ~3 bars of charge left on the gauge...10 miles later it is up within 1 bar of full...stayed there through some light city driving and most of the return trip home. I finally had a couple of hills to climb with no real downhill on the other side, so I stopped with about 3 bars gone.

I thought to myself...I don't remember it ever charging to within 1 bar of full...usually it is ~3 bars away.

The only possibility I could think of was that the car was force charging through most of the hilly part of my drive, then stopped about the point I was entering the overall downhill portion. This led to the slightly higher charge in the battery. If it wasn't force charging, I probably would have used more battery in the hills and been slightly lower when I hit the downhill slope.

Anyone else?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.