Honda Insight Forum banner

521 - 523 of 523 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Just a few other options .. in addition to the BCM-Replacer it self's function/ method Peter already described:

#1> Reverse of the more power hacks.
One could use the principles of hacking for more IMA power (Volts / Amps) in reverse .. to reduce instead of increase IMA power .. although I don't off the top of my head know of anyone who has done so.

#2> IMA-C&C
The IMA-C&C can be used to manually command just about any variable amount of regen or assist .. usually most people use it to ask for more regen or more assist than what the OEM would have been .. but in principle someone could use it the other way and command less .. ie 5kw commanded instead of the 9kw OEM would have done .. or 2kw commanded instead of OEM 5kw ... etc ... etc .. on either side assist or regen.

Everyone I know of uses it manually .. real world has soo many variables , and context changes so easily .. although in principle the manual control signals could be given as outputs from some other device to automate it , I don't know of anyone ever having done so.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Sorry to ask again, but when I scroll through the options after I did the firmware update I don't see the setting for adjusting voltage deviation. The manual last time I looked had the older layout. Will you be updating the manual to reflect the new updates?

·
Administrator
10,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #523
Eventually yes i will update the manual. :(

Tap Deviation is on Menu 2 item 3 in my version.

521 - 523 of 523 Posts