Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the discussion about this is in the wheels, tires, suspension category, with the low traffic in that section, I think this is also worthy of the mods section.

We all know abut the weak springs on the g1, and until now haven't had an easy solution to this. Since I have the privilege of working as a prototype installer at air lift company, I took it upon myself to find a solution that the masses could use. I could have done this to just my own car, since marketing didn't have this as one of the more sought after kits that needed to be engineered. Wanting to help the community, I have taken a little extra time to figure out the part number for an actual kit that these bags are in.

Questions will be answered in regards to air suspension of any form, to the best of my ability.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-wheels-tires-suspension/26051-air-lift-red-bag-mod-cheap-air-bag-fits-inside-rear-spring-2.html

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the discussion about this is in the wheels, tires, suspension category, with the low traffic in that section, I think this is also worthy of the mods section.

We all know abut the weak springs on the g1, and until now haven't had an easy solution to this. Since I have the privilege of working as a prototype installer at air lift company, I took it upon myself to find a solution that the masses could use. I could have done this to just my own car, since marketing didn't have this as one of the more sought after kits that needed to be engineered. Wanting to help the community, I have taken a little extra time to figure out the part number for an actual kit that these bags are in.

Questions will be answered in regards to air suspension of any form, to the best of my ability.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-wheels-tires-suspension/26051-air-lift-red-bag-mod-cheap-air-bag-fits-inside-rear-spring-2.html
I'm starting to think that the "spring" issue is really a "shock" issue, or more specifically, "the lack of damping" in the rear shocks.

I have swapped rear springs for something else, and changed rear shock oil twice up to this point, and reestablished a way to add shock air pressure. The shocks do not function properly without a certain level of air pressure.

But I am not going to report anything officially until I have done further testing in this area.

Jim.

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
This is a really great idea. Many owners such as myself have imported Daewoo Matriz springs from the UK to improve the ride of the rear suspension. For the right price airbags would be a much more elegant (and adjustable?) solution.

I am off to read your thread with great interest :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts