Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this great 2 page article about this incredible little jewel in the June issue of ‘Automobile Magazine’. Just called American Honda (800-999-1009) and pleaded my case to build it! They gave me a case number, and said they’d pass it along. Article says they won’t won’t – but maybe enough of us owners call, it’d grease the skids. Let’s hope ‘09 ???

·
Registered
741 Posts
I don't want a sportscar.

I'm not racing in the Daytona 500.

Give my an EFFICIENT car with just enough power to move my butt back-n-forth to work (like the insight).

·
Registered
118 Posts
"move my butt back-n-forth"....
Man, that sounds like a good signature. Words to live by.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Saw the drawings of the vehicle elsewhere here and perhaps it's just me but I'm not impressed. For now, I'm quite happy with my little Insight.

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet"

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks b1shmu63,

Overall, I like it! The styling looks a bit "over the top" but that's usually the case with concept cars. I could sure do without those fancy-ugly chrome wheels!

And no rear skirts? Maybe the production car will have them! The basic shape is very good though, a strong design without being too aggressive!

Best Regs,
Rick / 2006 CVT

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
No one else is using rear covers and some people didn't like the look of them or understand the reason for them. Unless there is a groundswell of interest in them or other companies start to use them Honda is unlikely to try them on a car meant to appeal to the masses.

It is not apparent but what Honda did on this concept was to put clear smooth plastic covers over the deep cut chrome like wheels. This would smooth the airflow like rear wheel covers. Unfortunately this would also collect water and dirt in real world conditions. Soon you would have a miniature eco system evolving "under the glass". ;)

As a child my miniature cast metal Hudson with rear wheel covers was a prized possession. ( It still is.) I think the covers look very classy on the Insight too. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts