Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's official.

My boredom with going slow and eeking out MPG numbers has cause me to slip back into the old ways. The Hot Hatch ways.

This will be my journal to document the backsliding of a responsible adult down to a backwards hat wearing youth trying to steal the plastic food trays from the burger joint.

Wary those who enter here, for discussions of efficiency and miles per gallon will not be tolerated! Only hooliganry lies ahead! You have been warned!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first step towards full on hot hatch status is to get some grip! Out with the old bouncy balls and in with the new rollers, stickier than a kid eating a honey and marshmellow sammich!

Mmmmmm. Mini Cooper 16 inch rims with Federal SS595 in 205/40/16. The grip is insane. Like go cart with velcro tires insane.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MEAT!

And the best part? The rollout of these rims/tires is exactly the same as stock! No speedo error. No gearing changes. Exactly the same. And they are SO. MUCH. QUIETER. Like for real. Half the noise at least.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I hope you’re going to let us know how much mileage is lost with each step you take towards perdition! That would be one of the best parts!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Did y'all even READ the first post?

Sam

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love the radiator block mod!
I do too! My commute takes me down 20 miles of river bottom on a 2 lane highway. It's always foggy or raining, or just full of deer and raccoons. This light bar has both amber and white LED's in it. The low mounted amber is particulary helpful in the fog.

I would like to find a way to tuck it in better. Will have to make my own mounts instead of using what came in the kit.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Plastidip your window door trim already...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So my workweek starts on Sunday morning. Early. I have some parts to install, but don't have the time right now. I can however tide myself over with a new antenna.

When I bought this car it had the riciest weirdest marvin the martian antenna you've ever seen. It was about a foot long aluminum tube with rings cut into it and the tip was sharpened to a point. I threw it away the day after I bought it. Wish I saved a pic of it.

Anyway, I have been going for a year without and antenna, which isn't bad for me because I use my phone as a music/podcast source all the time. I do however want some FM reception just for general emergency announcements and those rare times you have to tune in to a info station for traffic management etc. So I went on ebay and bought the shortest antenna they had!

It has special styling to make my car looks smarter!

Looks great actually. From a few feet away it just looks black, so I call it "stealth rice". It came with a variety of studs to mount it with.

Here is my roached roof paint in all it's glory!

·
Registered
254 Posts
“Roached.” :) That’s the 3rd time this week that I’ve seen/heard that adjective after going years without it. It must be a sign of some sort!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
“Roached.” :) That’s the 3rd time this week that I’ve seen/heard that adjective after going years without it. It must be a sign of some sort!
Lol. In the hot Texas sun everything ends up that way if you don't have covered parking.

It's wierd though, you can almost see the wind vortices in the missing paint on the roof. So obviously it's being sandblated by road dirt as well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Lol. In the hot Texas sun everything ends up that way if you don't have covered parking.

It's wierd though, you can almost see the wind vortices in the missing paint on the roof. So obviously it's being sandblated by road dirt as well.
That’s tough to look at. Would make crazy(er). I’ll take the snow and cold and keep the car’s finish, I think.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Womp womp. Bent metal and stuff. Stupid hurts, kids.

I don't think the condenser is supposed to be bent like that! lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts